GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR Presents the 2.0 TSI ECU Update (Version 2.0!)

Dr Dad

Drag Race Newbie
That's a bit of a ridiculous thing to say on a forum that isn't at all related to APR.

Sorry, I don't think I explained myself well enough.
If someone is coming to this thread to ask a question about the tune, I don't think it's helpful to say "just buy X competitors tune/product instead"
I get we don't have a lot of info coming from APR, but they are working on a solution

Dans GTI

Ready to race!
Sorry, I don't think I explained myself well enough.
If someone is coming to this thread[\B] to ask a question about the tune, I don't think it's helpful to say "just buy X competitors tune/product instead"
I get we don't have a lot of info coming from APR, but they are working on a solution

Why do you think its wrong man? Its a forum to help out fellow enthusiasts. The simple fact is that the APR's tune does not work properly right now with no resolution in sight (as of now).

I'd rather recommend someone to a competitor than to APR at this point. As many others would, its been said countless times, the way this has been handled is ridiculous. I'd rather be truthful with someone then mislead them like APR fan bois try to do.

Dr Dad

Drag Race Newbie
Why do you think its wrong man? Its a forum to help out fellow enthusiasts. The simple fact is that the APR's tune does not work properly right now with no resolution in sight (as of now).

I'd rather recommend someone to a competitor than to APR at this point. As many others would, its been said countless times, the way this has been handled is ridiculous. I'd rather be truthful with someone then mislead them like APR fan bois try to do.

That's a fair point.

They should not have put out a product that has this many issues. My car is driveable right now, so I can patiently wait for the update.
I do understand why APR has kept quiet, if they posted every little update people would just ask more questions.

carrquik77

Passed Driver's Ed
I've used this thread for a lot of insight. It's just funny that the 4 or 5 guys have turned it into a 119 pages! Ha!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Uberryan

Banned
I've used this thread for a lot of insight. It's just funny that the 4 or 5 guys have turned it into a 119 pages! Ha!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah it's definitely just "4 or 5 guys"

Bill19751

Ready to race!
I'm not in a hurry, so I can wait. But, as a previous APR customer, I'd like to stick with them again. There's no shortage of other options, either, so I will just have to wait and see what happens. I will definitely do a stage 1 tune, but have toyed with the idea of going stage 2 at some point if I can justify the expense in my budget.

GTIMKV20

APR Stage I
Ok holidays over, what's the latest news with the box codes getting ported. Didn't take weeks all the other releases did it?

thatspsychotic

Ready to race!
Bamp. Must not let this leave the first page!

But yeah. Status update? Maybe? Pretty please? Arin clearly still works for APR since he posted the Stage 3 cast downpipe stuff.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
The only person that seems to be getting updates is xd-data-ii and on the 18th he said it would be 2-3~ more weeks. I would probably add a couple more months onto that estimate just to be safe.

thatspsychotic

Ready to race!
The only person that seems to be getting updates is xd-data-ii and on the 18th he said it would be 2-3~ more weeks. I would probably add a couple more years onto that estimate just to be safe.

FTFY.

WeekendWarriorz

Ready to race!
Man they still haven't fixed this...

stradovinski

Passed Driver's Ed
Man they still haven't fixed this...

Agreed, waited through the anticipation thread, and now through 2 of the doesn't work right threads. Anyone who has been around knows that's a long time.

As a casual tune customer, my perspective sees that since the corporate change at APR, it isn't the same company. Didn't they dominate for years? And now they can't get an update right. I'm guessing minimal effort is being put into this. They probably should have dialed back the power a bit to a level they can manage because this just makes them look bad.

I never updated from the original Stage 1, and waited because of this pending update. Years later it has come out but still isn't right. I probably won't own this car by the time they fix it, and I've only owned 2 cars in the last 17 years including this one. My guess is they have moved on from this platform.