GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR Presents the 2.0 TSI ECU Update (Version 2.0!)

Aphix

Go Kart Champion
Thats great, i'm going to go piece together my own RSR kit.

that is the best way to do it and you can save ~ $250-300. I'm a big fan of HS Tuning, so I bought direct from them.

Just went 2.0 to 2.4, 6MT.

6th feels like 5th used to. It woke 5th up for sure. Downshifting almost felt like an exercise in futility pre 2.4, lots of noise and no go in 5th, update gave it some umph. 1-4 feels the same but less clunky. I dont know how else to describe it but it's pleasant and feels smoother. Engine braking feels correct now, before I was consistently asking myself what the point of even doing it was besides habit.

really great feedback. thank you.

Uberryan

Banned
Second day, and I feel like my 2.1 file was all wrong as this tune is fantastic so far. I feel like the car pulls like a freight train right off the line. I have zero hesitation anymore from a dig, and with better tires, this thing feels like a missile taking off, I'm sure. I'm very impressed, and would've loved if the car came like this stock.

Mk6 Steve

Ready to race!
Sounds like they got it right :thumbsup: I'll be calling the VW dealership for an update as I waited long enough! Sounds like going from stage 2 v1.1 to 2.4 should be noticeable :thumbup:

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
Going tomorrow morning for my update. Unfortunately as I said in another post, I have to wait out on Winter tires before I can truly appreciate the difference. Going to be a loooooooong wait. On the upside, I'm going from all seasons that came with the car to straight up summer tires in Spring so I'm excited about that to feel the difference.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
this tune is fantastic so far
this thing feels like a missile taking off
I'm very impressed

Are you feeling well?
Did someone hack into your golfmk6 account & post this?

This is the first time I've seen you write something good about APR and the tune...just sayin' :p

Glad it's finally worked out

carrquik77

Passed Driver's Ed
Thank you for the reviews and feedback!

Hey APR, has there been much chit-chat on mpg's. My 6mt seems to be stuck around 23? Was cruising highway last night at 65- 70 for at least 20 miles and it never got any better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

carrquik77

Passed Driver's Ed
Never noticed a rev hang problem.

But I did a proper cold start this morning, and it started normally, much quieter than before as well. I've also noticed that due to the smooth idle now my cabin does not vibrate anymore.

This is all good to hear. A couple of other popular "negatives" that I have, does the car still bog for the 500rpms with wot from second to third? And, there was another annoying issue when the car was warm after driving for at least 15 minutes, at idle it would idle up and down almost like a car that had a small vacuum leak. It wasn't enough to make the tach move but you could hear it when just sitting and letting the car run. I flashed from 1.2 (I think) to the 2.0v because I wanted another 30lbs of torque. The only issue I had with original tune was that it was really jerky in first gear when crawling. At first with the 2.0v I wasn't sure if these were super big issues, but the 4AM 2k+ cold start has to be pissing the hood off. 3"tbe is loud!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Uberryan

Banned
Are you feeling well?

This is the first time I've seen you write something good about APR and the tune...just sayin' :p

Well I liked APR prior to this whole thing, and I think we all got a bit bitter over the lack of support or progress being made for the 6-7 months. This seems to be a far superior product than what we were given with the previous versions, and I'm ok with acknowledging their ability to get it right, seemingly on this. I don't take back what I said before, but this is a step in the right direction.

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
Came back from the dealer a little while ago which was a nice highway drive back home for a good 30 minutes or so. Wow, what a difference. This is what I expected when I initially went Stage 2. Unbelievable. It actually pulls on my horrendous snow tires that had absolutely zero grip or pull on the highway previously.

Now for my biggest gripe that had me previously contemplating trading my car in for something else, acceleration. FINALLY! It's been corrected. It feels like the car just wants to go now as soon as you hit the gas as opposed to before it felt like a slush bucket when accelerating off a green light and just wanting to keep up with, I don't know, your average Prius, Camry, Civic, civilian car, lol. It actually has the umph now and let me remind you, I'm still rocking Tire Rack generic Winter tires. I am totally psyched for Spring to hit and I throw on straight up Summer tires.

Also, let me mention, the 5th and 6th gear pull. I never noticed it previously so much until now that it's been corrected. Holy cow, I was going up a common hill to my mother's house where previously I would keep it in 3rd gear to get any type of pull to get up the road. Today I was in 5th gear and it had no problem coming up with plenty of power to get me up the hill smooth, I was in shock to say the least because it's a common 3rd gear hill pre 2.4.

My last gripe that looks to have been corrected was the cold start high rev. Looks like it's been taken car of. No longer did my car jump up to like 2.5k rpm off a cold start. THANK YOU APR.

While I initially had almost got rid of this car because of you, I've now come to love it all over again because of you.

TesseracT

Passed Driver's Ed
Just paid two visits to my local dealer to get re-flashed to Stage 2 after the Volkswagen Service Campaign (24AX) over wrote my 2.1 file. The update failed to go past 0% several times. Anyone else have a similar issue? I'm riding stock right now and it's boring.

My ecu info:
1K0907115AT S0040

Dans GTI

Ready to race!
Just paid two visits to my local dealer to get re-flashed to Stage 2 after the Volkswagen Service Campaign (24AX) over wrote my 2.1 file. The update failed to go past 0% several times. Anyone else have a similar issue? I'm riding stock right now and it's boring.

My ecu info:
1K0907115AT S0040

When I went from 2.1 to 2.4 my tuner had to try 6 times.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
I had to try twice too. The first time it wouldn't go past 0% and then when he retried as soon as he opened the program it started to write the update onto my ecu. Normally it writes at step 6 on the program, but when he opened the program that 2nd time it started the update on its own at step 1.

[Old User]

Go Kart Champion
Getting the update tonight.

Was thinking of getting launch limiter for shits and giggles but for 100$ on a stock turbo car that I'll never be launching... I think it is probably a waste of money.

Does anyone have any experience using NLS long term? How hard on the drivetrain is it?

Dans GTI

Ready to race!
Getting the update tonight.

Was thinking of getting launch limiter for shits and giggles but for 100$ on a stock turbo car that I'll never be launching... I think it is probably a waste of money.

Does anyone have any experience using NLS long term? How hard on the drivetrain is it?

Launch control is pretty pointless in my opinion, all it does is spin the tires lol. (I have it).

NLS shouldn't do any damage long term as long as you do it properly.

damagi123

Go Kart Champion
Are you feeling well?

Second day, and I feel like my 2.1 file was all wrong as this tune is fantastic so far. I feel like the car pulls like a freight train right off the line. I have zero hesitation anymore from a dig, and with better tires, this thing feels like a missile taking off, I'm sure. I'm very impressed, and would've loved if the car came like this stock.

I was about to say the same thing lol. Focal glad youre happy. Its a great fuckin file finally. Im loving it too