GOLFMKV

Southbend stage 2 daily silent (latest revision) review

zrickety

The Fixer
Wow, that's disappointing.

str77

Ready to race!
yup disappointing.
Although, the APR k04 tune make at least 360 tq, and this clutch is rated 400 tq...it seems close to its capacity but I would have also expected more from an aftermarket clutch.

I am getting mine installed this thursday. Hopefully it will last longer, with stage 2+ from Uni. Their tune make 330 tq...

zipsled

Ready to race!
I have just over 6000 miles on a SB Stage 2 Endurance and have noticed a peculiar knocking noise when shifting from 1st to 2nd from a stop. Also sometimes when accelerating at slower speeds in 4th or 5th. Just one "knock", and it doesn't always repeat itself. Appears to be more of an issue when the AC is on.
Any clue as to what may be the cause? I have already spoken to the dealership that installed it, but won't be able to take the car in for over a week.

Brunkel

Go Kart Champion
2 year update:
About 26k miles on it.

I am now experiencing slipping at 4k rpm for about 500 rpm.

I would recommend the RSR over this clutch.

Wow I was digging this thread until right about here...

Anyone else chime in on their experiences? I need to pull the trigger on a clutch within the next couple weeks and it's pretty much between the SB Stage 2 Daily Silent and the RSR

kthor7031

Go Kart Champion
Wow I was digging this thread until right about here...

Anyone else chime in on their experiences? I need to pull the trigger on a clutch within the next couple weeks and it's pretty much between the SB Stage 2 Daily Silent and the RSR

My experience is the same as Mustache. I get slip only in the winter time on APRs K04 3.1 tune (Southbend stage 2 daily). Particularly when my car is loaded down (Lots of people and cargo). Otherwise, I love the feel, engagement etc.

The_Squire

2 year update:
About 26k miles on it.

I am now experiencing slipping at 4k rpm for about 500 rpm.

I would recommend the RSR over this clutch.

Wow, glad I kept reading this thread, after all the positive reviews earlier on. Perhaps you should put this at the very top of your OP? Just so people aren't, you know- mislead??

mustache rash

Go Kart Champion
Wow, glad I kept reading this thread, after all the positive reviews earlier on. Perhaps you should put this at the very top of your OP? Just so people aren't, you know- mislead??

Good point. Sorry if I mislead anyone. I still go by my original feeling IF you stay stage 2. K04 slips. At least apr 3.1 with the torque spike at 4K rpm.

At the time of purchase the RSR was not out and I would say that's the best option imo.

Original post updated.

Last edited: