GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Cat Back or resonator delete??

sneedfeed

Passed Driver's Ed
Just had my ecs tuning downpipe installed last week and I already want more noise. Don't know if I should do a res delete for 70 at a local shop or get the beluga racing catback which has a cheap price and has a bunch of good reviews.

gtimk6er

Passed Driver's Ed
Muffler delete and get a vibrant bottle resonator. Happy with it. Quiet enough and sound good when you mash the ⛽

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dmvx

I had a resonator delete and stock dp for a while and it was fine, but i've heard that the sound gets a little raspy with a dp and no resonator, could be wrong. Rn i've got a Beluga catback and i love it, it's lowkey but at WOT the exhaust really opens up. All the welds were great and so far no exhaust leaks. for ~300 dollars it's definitely worth it, and definitely sounds nice with a dp (getting a CTS catted downpipe soon).

riceburner

Autocross Champion
I was good for a while with a catted dp and replaced resonator with vibrant. No rasp just a little more noise and tone. Then I gutted the muffler got. Just a little more. Mostly got a true catback for the look of nice big tips.

sneedfeed

Passed Driver's Ed
I have a catted downpipe so if the res delete makes it really raspy I wouldn't want I'm leaning more towards the catback but I'm not 100% yet waiting for more input

sneedfeed

Passed Driver's Ed
bump more input pls

Noodle1

Ready to race!
swap it out for a vibrant resonator, $150 and your good

dustbunny227

Autocross Champion
I've been thinking of doing a resonator delete for the better part of a year... Videos don't seem to demonstrate it very well. But the local shop will charge me $50 for the delete. Safe to say its worth a shot?

StorminNorman

Passed Driver's Ed
I did a resonator delete in my GTI about one week after I picked it up. Best thing I’ve done to the car so far. I was charged 70 bucks for it. The sound is amazing on a cold start and the up shifts are awesome! There is slight drone around 80 but just turn the radio up! I highly recommend it. I have the stock downpipe and the DSG.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sneedfeed

Passed Driver's Ed
yea but I heard that catted dp with res delete makes it raspy idk yet.

sneedfeed

Passed Driver's Ed
whats a good brand vibrant resonator?

terryna

sub'd to this thread

JSwag420

Ready to race!
So I ordered a vibrant resonator for 54 and I went to go get a quote at a local muffler shop guy told me if I just put a vibrant resonator on it would make it quieter so he gave me all the options I could do. Custom cat back for like 380 or I could do a muffler delete with mandrel bends 2.5 inches with 4.0 tips for 280 he said afterward I could decide if I still wanted to still put on the vibrant resonator

You should go to a different shop since this guy has no idea what he's talking about. The OEM resonator is 4 times the size of the Vibrant 1792 Resonator. I have a completely stock exhaust with just this resonator and it probably doubled the loudness and deepness of my exhaust and made the DSG farts twice as loud. This resonator provides loudness, deepness, all without rasp.