GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChiChat17: Boosted Learns How To Cook

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
Wow, dubya is in portugal

Civic is ugly. Civic Si is FUGLY. Would not drive. Don't care how fast it is. I'd go WRX STi over Civic Si any day and I don't like WRX's either.

Hit up the Home Depot for some cinder blocks for makeshift jack stands since one of my rack jacks failed on the lift, and my little floor jack wouldn't pick the car up far enough to get regular jack stands under. #polishengineering

Worked on racekar a bit. Swapped brakes back to street brakes. Thought about doing another bleed but opted against it. Pedal is firm so I think I'm good there but damn those Stoptech pads are TERRIBLE. Let the wife try out the racekar for the first time (stock seat so she can actually reach the pedals now) and she actually panicked the first time she hit the brake pedal... "Woah you weren't kidding." I wanted to do proper OE pads and fresh rotors but there was no way to get them here in time.

Did a full nut-and-bolt on the suspension again. Swapped tires over. Installed stock driver's seat. Fixed some coding errors. Found my old V1 buried in the garage but couldn't find my extra hardwire kit so ordered another one.

Cars and Coffee Sunday morning, followed by brunch up at Egg Harbor Cafe with some friends. Cleaned up the garage a little. Took a nap.

Full weekend, really.
+1 egg harbor cafe so delicious .

+2 cleaning up garage

+1 on naps, i lack the ability to fall asleep during the day. not sure if gift or curse.

Probably a really dumb question but did you bed the pads and put like 40-60 miles on them before test drive? Youre a car guy so assuming you did but i found my stoptechs woke up more the next day .
We're leaving ~3:30-4:00am Thursday morning. Stopping off in Crossville TN to check out a buddy's chunk of property he just bought, then heading to the hotel in Fontana, NC which is a stone's throw from the Gap. We'll be bouncing around the TN/NC border through Saturday. Shawn and Kristi are coming back Sunday. We're detouring to Atlanta to look at houses, and will be coming back late Monday.
It's not too late to come down with the flu... just sayin'...

Sounds busy , hope you find the perfect house . goodluck:thumbsup:

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
Probably a really dumb question but did you bed the pads and put like 40-60 miles on them before test drive? Youre a car guy so assuming you did but i found my stoptechs woke up more the next day .

Not 40-60 but I did run probably 10 and got some heat in them. They were already bedded in from the last time I used them. Not really any better. They do seem to "wake up" a little bit if you get them warm but IMO they still suck.

For a pure street pad they should have way more initial bite.

Sounds busy , hope you find the perfect house . goodluck:thumbsup:

Thx :)

Right now just scoping neighborhoods. Don't want to make the mistake we did last time we moved across the country.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Ya'll should see uglybastards wheels on instaface, not bad actually its like a matchbox car

:word:

Not bad, cold though. Made the first pot of Chili for the season. Turned out great.

made my first batch too - half going in the freezer for later use. right from the freezer, thaw and toss into a batch of mac and cheese

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
called in sick after being up all night with some kinda stomach bug. might've been the shrimp i used for scampi. last full sick day of the year. eek.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
Not 40-60 but I did run probably 10 and got some heat in them. They were already bedded in from the last time I used them. Not really any better. They do seem to "wake up" a little bit if you get them warm but IMO they still suck.

For a pure street pad they should have way more initial bite.
Thx :)
Right now just scoping neighborhoods. Don't want to make the mistake we did last time we moved across the country.

Renting for a year an option? :iono:
:word:
made my first batch too - half going in the freezer for later use. right from the freezer, thaw and toss into a batch of mac and cheese

Car looks good yeah.

Your dog snapchatted me, he wants a bowl of chili.

Dogs are people too Will.

Chili mac always good

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
We're leaving ~3:30-4:00am Thursday morning. Stopping off in Crossville TN to check out a buddy's chunk of property he just bought, then heading to the hotel in Fontana, NC which is a stone's throw from the Gap. We'll be bouncing around the TN/NC border through Saturday. Shawn and Kristi are coming back Sunday. We're detouring to Atlanta to look at houses, and will be coming back late Monday.

It's not too late to come down with the flu... just sayin'...

ahhh just put two and two together and realized you're going at the same time as them. The car is just not up for it yet unfortunately.

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
Renting for a year an option? :iono:

Ya thats the plan but we want to try to hone in and narrow it down as much as we can first. We've found similar houses, in hoods that seem similar to one another (thanks to Google StreetView) we like, that vary wildly in price based on the town.

We want to actually lay eyes on some of these towns.

You can find some nice listings in Carpentersville that look just like parts Barrington.... you get the idea.

ahhh just put two and two together and realized you're going at the same time as them. The car is just not up for it yet unfortunately.

Ya we are going down with them, essentially. They're going down a day early to drop their oldest back off at school in Indy. We'll meet up with them Thursday afternoon when we get into the area.

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
I hate it when I order a CFA sammich with CFA sauce, then eat the sammich and completely forget I got a side of CFA sauce.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
Ya thats the plan but we want to try to hone in and narrow it down as much as we can first. We've found similar houses, in hoods that seem similar to one another (thanks to Google StreetView) we like, that vary wildly in price based on the town.
We want to actually lay eyes on some of these towns.
You can find some nice listings in Carpentersville that look just like parts Barrington.... you get the idea.
Ya we are going down with them, essentially. They're going down a day early to drop their oldest back off at school in Indy. We'll meet up with them Thursday afternoon when we get into the area.

heres an even worse comparison ...

finding nice houses in south elgin but living next to east elgin

I hate it when I order a CFA sammich with CFA sauce, then eat the sammich and completely forget I got a side of CFA sauce.
Oh man thats terrible. On the plus side you can use it another day ...i have a stash of a variety of CFA sauces if im being honest.
#CFAPROBLEMS

Im glad youre on team chikfila now

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
DAYUM DAYUM DAYUM!

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
DAYUM DAYUM DAYUM!
I lol'd

Good post man
Ptak, I’d rent for the foreseeable future. We’re in for a housing collapse soon. Mark my words.
Youre not wrong here

The housing market is the highest its been in a very long time, everyone buying up properties like crazy cause of the economy...but yes most trends point to a housing depreciation in the next year or so?

The interest rates are already climbing back up. That started about 2-3 years ago iirc?

Edit: He's also not looking to buy in illinois declining state. local factors play a part in the market too

#getoutwhileyoucan

Status
Not open for further replies.