GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

This forum is almost dead

GeorgiaBII

Drag Race Newbie
This forum will come back... We are in the lull between people that buy new cars and the enthusiasts that can only afford used. I've seen it happen on car forums since there was car forums.

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
Order new one?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Yeah, bought one off another user on here. Need to get from parents house because I don’t trust shipping anything to my apartment. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drval85

Go Kart Newbie
Speaking of used PCVs, I replaced mine last year. Swapped it for a catch can a few months ago. Going back to PCV for the winter. Should I buy a new one, or reuse the old one? Only a few months of use, but I already had to replace the rear main seal. Definitely want to avoid that again.

brobst

Go Kart Champion
My understanding is swapping off cc in the winter defeats the purpose of owning a cc.

You can get a replacement gasket for the pcv though.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

pdan

Ready to race!
I’ve been away from the GTI for over a week now driving a stupid rental Sonata that’s been flashing warning lights at me for the past 2 days. I miss my car so much, but still have to spend about another month away from it for work. Sad face

BlkonBlkGTI

Bought my 2011 GTI 3 months ago, had 111,xxx on the clock. Original owner car and he replaced the timing chain, tensioner, gears, guides, all of it. Fast forward to the present and I’m changing EVERYTHiNG else... I had the PCV fail, then had 2 injectors get stuck WOT and discovered some Gnarly valves that were in need of some serious attention when I pulled the intake manifold to change the injectors. Aaand now I’m replacing the rear main seal and rear main flange, upgrading to the iAbed Industries CNC’d aluminum flange. Hoping I don’t run into any more issues for a little while, but such is life. I love this little hatch more than any of my other VWs so I’ll have it for quite a while.

BlkonBlkGTI

BlkonBlkGTI

Worst part about it all is that I’m legally obligated to report to my place of employment within 30 minutes if I’m activated, so I need this hooker to be reliable for once.

pdan

Ready to race!
Worst part about it all is that I’m legally obligated to report to my place of employment within 30 minutes if I’m activated, so I need this hooker to be reliable for once.

You sir are brave haha.

Boscogn

Go Kart Champion

Sounds like u got most of it behind u. I have 2013 with 104k miles all ur maintenance sounds like ur past it all. Only thing I've done that you haven't was fix a broken stud on my exhaust manifold driver side but I don't think that's common although if it breaks seems to always be driver side. You'll now because ur emission test on odb2 reader will go yellow and you might hear squeals under heavy acceleration.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk