GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Misfire @ 1/2 Throttle

My_Fly_Gti1

Ready to race!
When driving i will push the gas 1/2 throttle to pass another vehicle and it starts to misfire but never @ full throttle. No check engine light comes on. It started about a month ago so i changed the plugs (new OEM) and upgraded to the R8 coil packs. Running good for about a week and then misfiring again. Any Revo Stage 2 members experience this? Is it a plug or gap issue?

leiito1

Go Kart Champion
Try NGK double platinum plugs (4853) with those coil packs. I had a few misfires that went away with this setup after going k04.

steemax

Go Kart Champion
Revo stage 2 here, sadly I've just learned to live with this issue :( I couldn't figure out the issue, it's been more than 6 months.

allset

Go Kart Champion
find what cyl is mis firing and swap that coil with another cyls coil. Then see iff the mis fires follow the moved coil, need vagcom of course

steemax

Go Kart Champion
find what cyl is mis firing and swap that coil with another cyls coil. Then see iff the mis fires follow the moved coil, need vagcom of course

Issue is these misfires aren't throwing codes, vagcom shows nothing's wrong. Not sure about the OP but he seems to be in the same boat as I

allset

Go Kart Champion
Issue is these misfires aren't throwing codes, vagcom shows nothing's wrong. Not sure about the OP but he seems to be in the same boat as I

mine misfires in neutral while raising the rpms to 3500 it misfires 40 times in 1 minute. no codes. I can hear and feel the misfires as i watch them on the counter

Changed coils and plugs twice.

steemax

Go Kart Champion
mine misfires in neutral while raising the rpms to 3500 it misfires 40 times in 1 minute. no codes. I can hear and feel the misfires as i watch them on the counter

Changed coils and plugs twice.

Interesting, so just replace coils and plugs huh?

allset

Go Kart Champion
Interesting, so just replace coils and plugs huh?

oh..no changing the coils and plugs didint do shit for me. still does it.

that doenst mean it wont fix ur guys problem

XZT123

Ready to race!
The only time I've had misfires with my AP4 k04 was when my boost tap line was leaking air

nino196

Passed Driver's Ed
When driving i will push the gas 1/2 throttle to pass another vehicle and it starts to misfire but never @ full throttle. No check engine light comes on. It started about a month ago so i changed the plugs (new OEM) and upgraded to the R8 coil packs. Running good for about a week and then misfiring again. Any Revo Stage 2 members experience this? Is it a plug or gap issue?

I'm also having the same problem and did the same thing you did, just like you said "after switching plugs and coils, it went away but then it came back" I'm running REVO

allset

Go Kart Champion
The only time I've had misfires with my AP4 k04 was when my boost tap line was leaking air

when (idle or under load or both? CEL?) and what cylinders were misfiring?

allset

Go Kart Champion
I'm also having the same problem and did the same thing you did, just like you said "after switching plugs and coils, it went away but then it came back" I'm running REVO

what codes threw?