GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Holding revs

Target

G'day all,

I am new to Golfs and to turbos. My history is big bore bikes and hard reving rotaries. Now my issue is that my car seems to hang on to its revs far more than any other car I have owned.

I am guessing this has something to do with the turbo spinning up then keeping the boost on. It just feels like when I go up a gear when not driving hard that the car lurches forward due to revs not dropping at a rate I expect.

Is this normal, and if so how do I quicken it up? Waste gate? Car is stock as I have no idea how to tune it yet. Anyone have the name of a good tuner in Sydney, north?

Kind regards,

WetMoney

Go Kart Champion
Possible boost leak? Car new? Used?
These cars are known to have a rev hang issue due to the flywheel if I'm correct. That's on the TSI motor. Not sure about FSI Golf Rs.

nimda

Ready to race!
I've noticed that since my APR tune and break in miles this decreases substantially.

Bozz

Go Kart Champion
Now my issue is that my car seems to hang on to its revs far more than any other car I have owned.

It's normal for a stock Golf R to rev hang. It's a combination of tune and flywheel. I agree, stock Golf R rev-hangs worse than any car I've owned or driven, too.

Run the A/C as was mentioned, it'll be much better. Better, some tuners can alleviate this to some extent. Best, single-mass flywheel (SMF) and tune, if you don't mind the drawbacks of a SMF.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
revs hang on my dsg when taking a turn that leads to a hill, id assume its some type of active hill assist. kinda nice actually

zippy88

Passed Driver's Ed
If you're not driving it hard just shift earlier. The issue only happens when you are light on the throttle in higher RPM