GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Horn not working

cclemmons112

Recently i changed my parking lights in my gti to leds and the obvious check light light came on and now my horn isn’t working. I’m not sure if it’s a short or what. I did have to take my bumper off to do it. Also my lights in my footwell will not turn off.

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
Check the horn fuse. Might of popped.

cclemmons112

I checked the fuse and it isn’t popped, I noticed that my footwell lights will just not turn off could it have anything to do with LEDS?

cclemmons112

so i got it to where the car will honk when it’s on but not when off or locking the car, is something going wrong somewhere?

1ashchuckton

Autocross Champion
The horn will not honk with the ignition off. That's just the way it is.

As for not honking when you lock it that setting can be changed with Carista OBD11 or vagcom.

vracerw

Passed Driver's Ed
^^ in vagcom you can enable the horn to honk with the car off. Something to the effect of power to term 15 on while car is off, its been awhile since i did it.

cclemmons112

I wonder what I did because when I bought the car it had it so when it locked it beeped the horn and flashed the lights, I might have to buy a Carista

nik

Go Kart Champion
alarm horn and steering horn are also independent units. maybe try hitting the panic button on the remote to see what it does.

I have had one of the tones die on my steering horn before.