GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stealth Box. Sub/Amp/Box install. DIY. *lots of pictures*

mk6fan

Ready to race!
for that that tapped into the rear cig lighter for a remote turn on, which wire was it? Thanks

Pretty sure all negative wires are brown or brown w/ color stripe. So the positive would be the other wire. I think mine (+) was Red w/blue stripe.

Goobax

Ready to race!
Pretty sure all negative wires are brown or brown w/ color stripe. So the positive would be the other wire. I think mine (+) was Red w/blue stripe.

Mine I think was brown with blue stripe, I broke down and bought a lighted tester but thanks for the help :)

lemarin

Ready to race!
For my amp under the driver's seat, I'll order the same foam box as the one used for the bluetooth module under the passenger driver's seat.

It fits perfect even if it's not under the same side's seat.

GTIMKV20

APR Stage I
anyone have issues with this setup and rattling under the car? I'm getting a metal rattle right over my muffler in the back when the sub pounds. I have not looked yet, but I'm assuming a heat shield is hiding under there and needs tightening or to be bent away from something making it rattle. Anyone else have this issue?

Daniel1

Passed Driver's Ed
anyone have issues with this setup and rattling under the car? I'm getting a metal rattle right over my muffler in the back when the sub pounds. I have not looked yet, but I'm assuming a heat shield is hiding under there and needs tightening or to be bent away from something making it rattle. Anyone else have this issue?

I'm also getting the same rattle so anyone with a solution on how to solve this. At first I tnought it was the number plate holder then I put some double sided tape to isolate it from the body, but now the rattle is still there...:iono:

GTIMKV20

APR Stage I
^^ its up under the muffler suitcase, I'll see if I can isolate it when the exhaust is cool. Almost cooked my hand trying to find it the other day when I came back from a drive, haha

Daniel1

Passed Driver's Ed
^^ its up under the muffler suitcase, I'll see if I can isolate it when the exhaust is cool. Almost cooked my hand trying to find it the other day when I came back from a drive, haha

Will appreciate ur help, looking forward to ur feedback, all the best beware of the hot muffler this time:w00t:

lemarin

Ready to race!
Hi guys ! I do have the exact same setup (amp+sub and stealth box) now installed in my Golf. It sounds great, but I'm not so impressed. Maybe I need additional setting.

First of all, I'm not listening any Dance or Techno music. In fact I mostly listen Rock alternative and older music from the eighties. Most of my songs don't have as much bass as Dance music. In some songs, I can feel deeper bass, but other than that the difference with OEM setup is not much.

So I'd like to know how you guys setup:

-amplifier: how much gain, and to which frequencies you adjust the amplifier ? Since it's rock music, maybe higher frequencies would give better results ? Also about the voltage (6 volts or 4 volts), how do you adjust it ? I turn the small screw but cannot exactly know how it is setup ? the amplifier instructions suggest 6 volts for the Hight Input like my setup.

-How do you adjust the head unit ? ABout fading and bass ? More sound to the rear, less bass ?

My setup works for sure as the small DEL light up with the bass, but I'd like to improve the setting...

Any advice is welcome !

gfg

Having problems with this and I need some help. What really got me stuck was the splicing of the 4 rear left and right on the stock head unit. I exposed the wire with a razor and was wondering how do I get 4 cables from the speaker wire? I am using 14 gauge speaker wire. I bought a Kenwood Kac-8105D 1000-Watt Class D Mono Amplifier with has a hi level input cable with 4 wires (1 grey, 1 grey with black stripe, 1 white and 1 white with black stripe). I would really appreciate the help!!

Goobax

Ready to race!
Having problems with this and I need some help. What really got me stuck was the splicing of the 4 rear left and right on the stock head unit. I exposed the wire with a razor and was wondering how do I get 4 cables from the speaker wire? I am using 14 gauge speaker wire. I bought a Kenwood Kac-8105D 1000-Watt Class D Mono Amplifier with has a hi level input cable with 4 wires (1 grey, 1 grey with black stripe, 1 white and 1 white with black stripe). I would really appreciate the help!!

the 4 wires are Right rear positive/negative and Left rear positive and negative. Why would you expose the wire with a razor when you can just use t-taps or inline splicers?

gfg

Because I did not fully understand at that moment. The Hi level input cable will not reach from my amp to the Head Unit. My question is how do I get 4 cables from the speaker wire so I can connect it from my amp to the head unit.

Last edited: