GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

$1000 budget for tires

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Yes^, I posted earlier on those. I like mine a lot, do very well on the track too. Can't beat the price.

AUDI JUICE

Ready to race!
I just put in the order for my Michelin super sports yesterday, can't wait to try them. Just buy the "benchmark" michelins, and remove all doubt. I've had good luck with the older ps2's

Fwiw, I have a new set of Hankook v12's on my 400hp supercharged X-runner, and I am not at all impressed with them. I had 2 sets of Toyo t1r's previously, and they were leaps and bounds better, although they do wear fast.

decided on the PSS too! I used the Michelin pilot power 2ct on my bike before. They are not the same thing.. but i have good faith in Michelin!

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
I ordered a set of Hankook V2 Ventus all-seasons, 500 treadwear rating tires, late on the 31st. They shipped immediately on the 1st, and showed up today. They were $496 shipped from the Discount Tire store on Ebay, with a $100 mail in rebate... not too shabby at all. I will probably go this route for track tires in the spring as well.

MBorVW

Go Kart Champion
I ordered a set of Hankook V2 Ventus all-seasons, 500 treadwear rating tires, late on the 31st. They shipped immediately on the 1st, and showed up today. They were $496 shipped from the Discount Tire store on Ebay, with a $100 mail in rebate... not too shabby at all. I will probably go this route for track tires in the spring as well.

I just got these tires and love them! Great grip and very quiet.

Damn I think I missed out on the rebate...is that new?

JhnR

Banned

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
I just got these tires and love them! Great grip and very quiet.

Damn I think I missed out on the rebate...is that new?

oh nice, I'm looking fwd to them. how are they in snow?

rebate- i think there is 50 or 80 on their site, and then the ebay listing has it for the $100.

The deal is good for 2 more days. I will order my Summer V12's tomorrow!...or should i get all seasons...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-NEW-225-4...0|Rim+Diameter:18&hash=item53ef7f5150&vxp=mtr

does it even snow by you? if not, V12s! sick prices indeed...

they actually forgot the rebate form, so I emailed them and msg'd them thru ebay to ask for it, cos after that, they would have been $396 shipped for mine.

JhnR

Banned
No it never really snows here...

The rebate form is on the page when you buy the tires...you just click on it print mail. What i wonder is if i get this rebated through discountires, if i can get the additional $80 with Hankook...

JhnR

Banned
I feel like Plac now..cant figure out which tires i like..and want...now im looking at the NITTO INVOS..

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
oh, now i see - i clicked it open, thanks.

not sure on that 80 thing, I thought that was just through Tirerack?

JhnR

Banned
oh, now i see - i clicked it open, thanks.

not sure on that 80 thing, I thought that was just through Tirerack?

its not necessarily through tirerack, i believe you can download the rebate form of the website. but maybe not, im not 100%.

JhnR

Banned
Ok, so its between the Dunlop Direzza DZ101 and the Hankooks V12's.

Dunlops have a threadwear of 300 and a harder sidewall. Hankooks have a 280 threadwear and softer side wall...from my experience with the Hankooks (i owned a set before), in a canyon spirited drive, they're squeeshy, a little softer vs the Dunlops...

Tomorrow will follow with which ones i went with...