GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread

1ashchuckton

Autocross Champion
Yeah, I think it'd be better with a manual switch. The light would come in handy now and then, but I don't need to get blasted every time I open the hood

Datsun Z cars had a little light within the engine bay, except that one was totally useless.

That was a great light. I had three of those on the old rally car. Two under the hood & one back in the hatch. Pretty decent lights before the advent of LED lights. Much better solutions out there today.

pdan

Ready to race!
Okay so don't know if there's a boost leak or if I'm just used to the GTI now. Had a TDI beforehand
I know I should check logs, or a boost gauge. Don't have either of those unfortunately, I guess the best bet is to pull the panels off and just make sure the intercooler hoses are still on??

Stock 2door with ecs dog bone insert and unitronic intake

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
if your inter-cooler pipes were off it would be a drastic difference like night and day.
(that being said a small leak could only show up later and not be that noticeable when driving around town until you got on it.

You should really buy a boost gauge an entire kit runs like ~$120.

clownish

just clowning around
I just now discovered that I have LED rear license plate lights. These aren't stock, are they?

I could go look @ my car but I'm lazy so I don't specifically remember what LED licesnse plate housings look like.

My mk6 MY2013 came with LEDs stock - a lot of them did. BTW buy Porsche LED license plate lights if you do need them - same part number and cheaper but still OEM. I paid around $50 for a set for my mk5.

pdan

Ready to race!
if your inter-cooler pipes were off it would be a drastic difference like night and day.
(that being said a small leak could only show up later and not be that noticeable when driving around town until you got on it.

You should really buy a boost gauge an entire kit runs like ~$120.

Gotcha, anywhere that's notorious for small boost leaks to look?? And I know I want a gauge, I was trying to save for a used p3 because the multi gauge seems pretty handy.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Gotcha, anywhere that's notorious for small boost leaks to look?? And I know I want a gauge, I was trying to save for a used p3 because the multi gauge seems pretty handy.

i like mine but want analog eventually. the digital reading is nice but not a fan of the location.

mikejsmith1985

Go Kart Champion
Hey guys, picked up some AL control arms last year and I'm just finally getting around to installing them. I had the febi to bushings pressed in the lower portion and when I started to install the holes don't line up [emoji107] I'm going to pickup a walk but I'm curious if anyone knows what these fit do I can try and recoup a little bit of the money?

I know the pic isn't great but I've tweaked these in every direction possible, then completely pulled the upper subframe and tried to fit it on the bench...

ahard48

Ready to race!
Got my first code through my p3 gauge, d02E, the hell is that??? Can't find anything anywhere.

Phur

Autocross Champion
Just curious, does turning off the TCS also disable the XDS? Also, does it have any effect on the ABS in the event of a deer or something?

realcyberbob

Go Kart Champion
Just curious, does turning off the TCS also disable the XDS? Also, does it have any effect on the ABS in the event of a deer or something?

No. No.

Phur

Autocross Champion
Sweet. Thank you.

mikejsmith1985

Go Kart Champion
Hey guys, got my powerflex alk in so I'm putting everything back together. I remember thinking that I should have removed an extra bolt for the steering rack when I dropped the subframe. Now that it's all back together everything feels right but as you can see from this pic there is nothing for the 4th subframe bolt to thread into. Is this normal?