GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 2.5 today?

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Could you tell me more about this? Thanks!

The stock engine/trans/and dogbone mounts are designed for comfort and have built in air pockets so when you hit bumps they absorb all of the impact and you don't feel anything when you're in the car. The downside to this for me and a lot of others is the engine feels like its going to fall out when you shift. Replacing the mounts with solid poly mounts drastically reduces the engine movement which makes the car feel like it's putting power down a lot better, shifts become more quick and crisp. I'll let you know how it is on the 2.5 after I install it. Mounts transformed my gti, can only imagine they will be an improvement on the larger 2.5

donutpop365

The stock engine/trans/and dogbone mounts are designed for comfort and have built in air pockets so when you hit bumps they absorb all of the impact and you don't feel anything when you're in the car. The downside to this for me and a lot of others is the engine feels like its going to fall out when you shift. Replacing the mounts with solid poly mounts drastically reduces the engine movement which makes the car feel like it's putting power down a lot better, shifts become more quick and crisp. I'll let you know how it is on the 2.5 after I install it. Mounts transformed my gti, can only imagine they will be an improvement on the larger 2.5
Awesome, thanks!

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
I recently bought a mk5 2.5 rabbit for a daily, since my mk6 gti is more of a track car nowadays. Yesterday I replaced the cabin filter which at 100k looks like it was oem - very gross. Also did an oil change and replaced the fuel filter. Up next I'm swapping the brakes/wheels/suspension from my gti onto the rabbit.

Sorry to hijack being I have a mk5. Same thing though almost :iono:
Keep posting, the MK5 and Mk6 are pretty much the same, it will help us fore see problem areas.

EDIT: Plus we value your experience and insight with the MK6 platform.

Last edited:

jay745

Keep posting, the MK5 and Mk6 are pretty much the same, it will help us fore see problem areas.

EDIT: Plus we value your experience and insight with the MK6 platform.

Will do. The mk5/mk6 golfs and gtis have the same chassis so I would expect the mounts to do the same across both platforms. I'm not sure how it's going to be with only replacing the engine mount and not the trans. If it's unbalanced after I'm going to buy a drop in bushing from black forest industries for the trans mount.

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
Will do. The mk5/mk6 golfs and gtis have the same chassis so I would expect the mounts to do the same across both platforms. I'm not sure how it's going to be with only replacing the engine mount and not the trans. If it's unbalanced after I'm going to buy a drop in bushing from black forest industries for the trans mount.
Keep us posted, my '10 is at about 90K miles (140k km) so mounts may be required in the future.

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
Yesterday, I returned from an emergency round trip to South Carolina to check on my property. When I left I knew the rear brakes were thin but they wore down during the trip to metal on metal, limped home for the last 6.5 hours.

Today I did a full Re & Re of the rear brakes pads and rotors, did a full clean up and lube of the sliders and shims. Rear pads replaced with Hawk HPS brake pads with OEM rotors. The rear bakes ran hot metal on metal so did a completed brake and clutch bleed using my new new Motive power bleeder with VW brake fluid. Doing a full front brake Re & Re in the near future.

davserbic

Ready to race!
Stepped out today to take a few photos and found this cool ally. Pulled out my tripod and pretty much as soon as I got set up, a car wants to roll on through. Run back in, air up, move aside, reverse back, align car, air out. Happened to me 4 times haha -- rinse and repeat.

More in Photostream if click on photo.

Last edited:

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
Replaced both my front wiper blades with VW replacements, absolutely the easiest wiper blades to Re & Re, done in 1 minute flat, ... just press in the little button and off it comes... incredible..

jay745

Ended up installing the eurojet engine mount yesterday. Feels so much better now. Will do the trans mount and subframe mount in about a week.

Also replaced the fuel filter, spark plugs and r8 coils. Plugs looked like oem :(