GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Ticket Help

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Yeah its my second violation.. last one was over a year ago and I just find 180 days a bit ridiculous i guess. Wish I wasnt so stupid about it. Hopefully I can work something out so I can drive all summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah you'll probably want to get a Camry.. and stop speeding.

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie
Yeah its my second violation.. last one was over a year ago and I just find 180 days a bit ridiculous i guess. Wish I wasnt so stupid about it. Hopefully I can work something out so I can drive all summer.

ouch....bad news for you if you don't get it resolved. Good news for Uber drivers....i guess? Can you get the Uber driver to drive only your car? That....would be a win. :burnrubber:

Saabstory

.:R32 OG Member # 002

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
No hate from me, is this hate from you? :thumbsup:

I dunno i dont feel bad for this kid.

Its his second offense and he is only 17.

So if that makes me a hater oh well.

nickmk6r

Passed Driver's Ed
Im gonna get hate cuz im 17 with a golf r, i already do. Personally i think its ridiculous that 2 tickets within yhe first 2 years of having my license makes me lose my license for 6 months? I get there has to be a consequence but people have work and school.

ahard48

Ready to race!
Im gonna get hate cuz im 17 with a golf r, i already do. Personally i think its ridiculous that 2 tickets within yhe first 2 years of having my license makes me lose my license for 6 months? I get there has to be a consequence but people have work and school.

Doesn't mean your exempt from the rules. It may seem ridiculous but in the first two years you haven't proven to abide by the traffic laws of your state. People who haven't received violations in their first two years may have a little more leeway ya know....

Just go in thinking the worst and if its anything but, then its a win!

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Im not saying im perfect. i got a ticket when i was 16. My next ticket was when i was ~20? And havent had one since.. You will learn its all life experience.

Jaber

Modero

There's public transportation and your two legs to either walk or bike. Do the crime, do the time (or pay the fine).

There's a time and place for everything, sometimes getting a ticket reminds us of that.

aj_law

Go Kart Champion

I was in your corner up until this point.

Where should the state draw the line then if 2 tickets in the first two years is excessive? 3? 4? 10? Plus, if you're only 17, you got your second ticket within a much narrower window than 2 years. Year, year and change?

Your first ticket should've been the wake up call. Knowing the consequences of getting a second would've had me driving like a choir boy for the next year at least.

And, all this is coming from a guy that had a slightly used 5.0 (that I paid for in full by working) at the age of 18 so I'm well aware of the temptations involved with driving fast. I know because I did it...many times (and kinda still do to this day).

Bottom line, if you wanna play, you gotta [be ready] to pay.

**Disclaimer: This is not considered legal advice. It's just an opinion from some fuckin' guy on a message board.**
For the ticket, how do you know he hit you with radar? Did the officer tell you that or did your detector go off? I'd plead not guilty and throw myself on the mercy of the court. Show up to traffic court dressed well; kiss the prosecutor and judge's asses (i.e. "yes sir." "no sir."); you were just moving along with the flow of traffic, etc., etc. Hopefully, you weren't mouthy with the officer. If you're really lucky, they make you cop to a lesser like a non-moving violation. You'll probably have to pay through the nose for it though. Depending on how bad your first offense was, the court might let you off with an expensive slap on the wrist.

If you don't feel comfortable doing that on your own, hire an attorney with a rep for getting that kind of a result. Again, it's probably gonna cost ya, but it beats the alternative.

Good luck. You're gonna need it.

nickmk6r

Passed Driver's Ed
I was in your corner up until this point.

Where should the state draw the line then if 2 tickets in the first two years is excessive? 3? 4? 10? Plus, if you're only 17, you got your second ticket within a much narrower window than 2 years. Year, year and change?

Your first ticket should've been the wake up call. Knowing the consequences of getting a second would've had me driving like a choir boy for the next year at least.

And, all this is coming from a guy that had a slightly used 5.0 (that I paid for in full by working) at the age of 18 so I'm well aware of the temptations involved with driving fast. I know because I did it...many times (and kinda still do to this day).

Bottom line, if you wanna play, you gotta [be ready] to pay.

**Disclaimer: This is not considered legal advice. It's just an opinion from some fuckin' guy on a message board.**

For the ticket, how do you know he hit you with radar? Did the officer tell you that or did your detector go off? I'd plead not guilty and throw myself on the mercy of the court. Show up to traffic court dressed well; kiss the prosecutor and judge's asses (i.e. "yes sir." "no sir."); you were just moving along with the flow of traffic, etc., etc. Hopefully, you weren't mouthy with the officer. If you're really lucky, they make you cop to a lesser like a non-moving violation. You'll probably have to pay through the nose for it though. Depending on how bad your first offense was, the court might let you off with an expensive slap on the wrist.

If you don't feel comfortable doing that on your own, hire an attorney with a rep for getting that kind of a result. Again, it's probably gonna cost ya, but it beats the alternative.

Good luck. You're gonna need it.

My radar went off aswell as my friends, and he was passing me although the officer said he clocked me at 71 and my friend 70. My first ticket was 83 in a 70 and i just paid it and lost my license. I feel I was nice to the officer, and don't usually speed, just a stupid mistake at night. Hopefully I can figure it out

nickmk6r

Passed Driver's Ed
There's public transportation and your two legs to either walk or bike. Do the crime, do the time (or pay the fine).

There's a time and place for everything, sometimes getting a ticket reminds us of that.

Most people id understand this, but school for me is over 40 miles away, work being 20, and the nearest bus station is around 25 miles. Uber would be my only option but thats ridiculously expensive to do every single day.

Jaber

Modero
Most people id understand this, but school for me is over 40 miles away, work being 20, and the nearest bus station is around 25 miles. Uber would be my only option but thats ridiculously expensive to do every single day.

Get a good lawyer. Otherwise plan for the worst, hope for the best.

lostk

Ready to race!

agreed...but we do live in america...where public transportation isnt the norm in most of the country...but rest of ur post i agree w/...

Jaber

Modero
agreed...but we do live in america...where public transportation isnt the norm in most of the country...but rest of ur post i agree w/...

Yeah, good point. Depending where the OP lives, public trans could be damn near impossible or very inconvenient and not line up with his schedule.

It's one of those "should of thought of that, before you _______".