GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone Run Against Accord V6 Coupe?

WeekendWarriorz

Ready to race!
Even a full bolt on+tune Honda Accord isn't going to pull on a Stage 2 car that is properly set up

GreyGti1990

Ready to race!
Even a full bolt on+tune Honda Accord isn't going to pull on a Stage 2 car that is properly set up

I don't think this is true because a full bolt accord can run 12's. Only way a stage 2 will crack 12's is with 100 oct and gutted

fast2ghl

Ready to race!
I don't think this is true because a full bolt accord can run 12's. Only way a stage 2 will crack 12's is with 100 oct and gutted

This ^

Prescription_Bandit

Passed Driver's Ed
Wow that's juicy. But you figure a stage 2 GTI is 260/310 and 500-600 pounds lighter...

Not sure what kind of mods are available for that motor though. Would be narly if someone slapped a supercharger on that thing. Kudos for Honda for still offering it in a 6 speed manual too.

My GTI dynoed at Stage 2 258 hp/283 tq at the wheels. Assuming those numbers for the accord are at the crank, and the weight/gearing difference, you should be able to make quick work of a v6 Accord.

GreyGti1990

Ready to race!
These Accords are quicker than that. They are dyno'ing at around the same hp as us at stage 2 and they are 100% stock. We do have much tq but if you don't have the traction to put it down... forget about it. We do weigh less but not 5/600 lbs less... more like 2/300

GreyGti1990

Ready to race!
My buddy has ran a newer sti and beat it and a challenger RT and beat it (rolls on hwy) and it's a bone stock accord coupe

Prescription_Bandit

Passed Driver's Ed
These Accords are quicker than that. They are dyno'ing at around the same hp as us at stage 2 and they are 100% stock. We do have much tq but if you don't have the traction to put it down... forget about it. We do weigh less but not 5/600 lbs less... more like 2/300

Oh yeah, if those numbers are at wheels, then yeah that makes sense. Plus I'm sure those extra 2 cylinders give it better top end than our Ko3's do.

GreyGti1990

Ready to race!
Yea whats funny is that the 9th gen Accord V6 coupe beats the hell out of a 9th gen full bolt (full exhaust, intake, e-dyno tune) Si and the Accord is 100% stock.
My buddy has the Si and his girl has the Accord and I've witnessed the Accord pull on the Si. Doesn't seem like many people know how quick these Accord's are.

I then went against the Si and pulled on him too... I didn't get to run the Accord tho... I'm really thinking it would be neck and neck... stock 9th gen Accord V6 coupe vs full bolt mk6 gti. The Si owner now wants an Accord lol.

SyDiko

Ready to race!
Oh yeah, if those numbers are at wheels, then yeah that makes sense. Plus I'm sure those extra 2 cylinders give it better top end than our Ko3's do.

I've been on the stock k03 map since I bought my 12 in 2011.. I have lighter suspension, tires, and wheels (well balanced.) I recently had the pleasure of rolling with 9th gen v6 Accord and it couldn't completely pull away from me up to 100+ mph. If I ever feel the need to go stage 2, I would easily be able to edge one and with the k04 just run away.

GreyGti1990

Ready to race!
I've been on the stock k03 map since I bought my 12 in 2011.. I have lighter suspension, tires, and wheels (well balanced.) I recently had the pleasure of rolling with 9th gen v6 Accord and it couldn't completely pull away from me up to 100+ mph. If I ever feel the need to go stage 2, I would easily be able to edge one and with the k04 just run away.

Its kind of crazy to me that you even kept up being that your on the stock tune. Do you have any performance mods like an intake or downpipe or anything?

Was the accord an automatic? I hear automatic accords are considerably slower due to its longgg gears.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
pretty heavy car if you ask me. probably not geared toward acceleration that well either. add in a soft cushy suspension and you have a slow car.

GreyGti1990

Ready to race!
pretty heavy car if you ask me. probably not geared toward acceleration that well either. add in a soft cushy suspension and you have a slow car.

True for the automatics but the 9th Gen Accord coupes with the 6-speed manuals are surprisingly quick.

GTIguy30

Passed Driver's Ed
Going to ask the dumb question probably...

So if my GTI @ Stage1 w/ intake is 253HP and around 3,100 lbs. That gives it 0.0826 HP per LB
The Honda Accord V6 is 278HP and around 3,400 lbs, that gives it 0.0817 HP per LB

Wouldn't this be pretty close to a drivers race? What am I missing that you need to go Stage II to keep up, and even then might not. Just Curious.

(I don't race anyone, so I am sure I am missing something obvious, that's why I said dumb question...)