GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Porsche Brembo NQSBBK Review!

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
oh wow, i had not kept on this, but OP - you are now having squealing issues?? that's why I got rid of my kit.

Steve - didnt know you had squealing too. It sounded like the MK5 guys that did this had no squealing at all though. interesting....

Modshack1

Go Kart Champion
Steve - didnt know you had squealing too. It sounded like the MK5 guys that did this had no squealing at all though. interesting....

Yeah...I pretty much have it minimized now. Hoping the anti Vibration plates will take care of it completely..

FWIW, I spent 400 miles out in the W. Carolina Mountains a week or so ago with My Audi buddies and the brakes were awesome!

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Yeah...I pretty much have it minimized now. Hoping the anti Vibration plates will take care of it completely..

FWIW, I spent 400 miles out in the W. Carolina Mountains a week or so ago with My Audi buddies and the brakes were awesome!

interesting. I wonder if the seller on MK5 (derek) is aware of the fix/almost fix now, cos I think he thought I was nuts or something, lol.

oh yeah, no denying the kit works well, but I think a good set of aggressive pads, lines, and fluid change on the GTI will provide about the same performance.

Modshack1

Go Kart Champion
ioh yeah, no denying the kit works well, but I think a good set of aggressive pads, lines, and fluid change on the GTI will provide about the same performance.

True dat...The stock brakes are actually quite good. Some tyrosport bushing and pads are really all most need for a good street set-up. I'm big on "Feel" though and these do it for me, even though the Whoa factor may not be improved all that much (Rotor/pad dependent). The Brembo's just feel solid and effective....I'm just not a fan of sliding pin calipers...

Last edited:

inc55

Go Kart Champion
When will you be installing the shims?

I drove today and the squeal came after some time driving.

MKV Aaron1

Ready to race!
Mine are back from powder and being reassembled now.

Derek and I are going to work on the S pads this weekend, but at first glance, it doesn't seem like it'll be easy to make them work.

My dad's work has some grinders that will help make it easier, but we shall see.

I'll update this with info when I have it.

cruizin011

Passed Driver's Ed
interesting. I wonder if the seller on MK5 (derek) is aware of the fix/almost fix now, cos I think he thought I was nuts or something, lol.

oh yeah, no denying the kit works well, but I think a good set of aggressive pads, lines, and fluid change on the GTI will provide about the same performance.

Yours was the worst. Ive not had anybody else have issues like you did. Usually just small noises here and there. Unfortunately with so many variables its difficult to know the cause of each. I wish the dampers weren't so much, it would be an easy thing to add to each kit.

Mine are back from powder and being reassembled now.

Derek and I are going to work on the S pads this weekend, but at first glance, it doesn't seem like it'll be easy to make them work.

My dad's work has some grinders that will help make it easier, but we shall see.

I'll update this with info when I have it.

One additional upgrade to the S pads are the weights added to the pad from the factory. They act as a built in damper which could also help with noise. Many of the larger pads 17z/18z have these.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
true, but Modshack is saying he has similar issues as well.

inc55

Go Kart Champion
I'm waiting on pictures of the S pad modified. I would love to know what needs to be grinded away.

inc55

Go Kart Champion
Just ordered some aftermarket shims from amazon with rewards points and will post a review after I install them. My only concern is how easy is it to remove the brake quiet from the back of the brake pads. These shims are adhesive and I'm sure they will need a smooth clean surface to adhere to.

Modshack1

Go Kart Champion
Just ordered some aftermarket shims from amazon with rewards points and will post a review after I install them. My only concern is how easy is it to remove the brake quiet from the back of the brake pads. These shims are adhesive and I'm sure they will need a smooth clean surface to adhere to.

If they're simple stick on's they'll likely not help much if at all (tried em and didn't help for me.). Disk brake quiet is a silicone...Removes easily..

inc55

Go Kart Champion
These are the ones that go into the pistons and stick onto the pad. This should help right?

Tooly

Drag Race Newbie