GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Deep's first car build!

deep.mit

Go Kart Champion
Dieselgeek Sigma 6

Finally got the DG SS installed!

I have ended up trying every possible combination of the shifter setup in the past, and I have not been happier :happyanim:

To be objective, the Neuspeed SS was pretty good along with the 42DD bushings. However, it still had the problem of slop after only 20 min of driving! Especially the 1st and 2nd gear become frustratingly soggy after a drive. On the upside, it retains the OEM feeling of gliding into gears by the virtue of being heavy.

Nevertheless, the DG SS has not been called as one of the best mods to the Mk6 without reason! I have the bracket bushings installed as well. This is the crispest, sharpest shift action I have ever used in any car. Period! Even after hours of driving, I deliberately launch from first gear after every stop :thumbup:

ncsugray90

Ready to race!
Finally got the DG SS installed!

I have ended up trying every possible combination of the shifter setup in the past, and I have not been happier :happyanim:

To be objective, the Neuspeed SS was pretty good along with the 42DD bushings. However, it still had the problem of slop after only 20 min of driving! Especially the 1st and 2nd gear become frustratingly soggy after a drive. On the upside, it retains the OEM feeling of gliding into gears by the virtue of being heavy.

Nevertheless, the DG SS has not been called as one of the best mods to the Mk6 without reason! I have the bracket bushings installed as well. This is the crispest, sharpest shift action I have ever used in any car. Period! Even after hours of driving, I deliberately launch from first gear after every stop :thumbup:

Did you have just shifter bushings or the bracket bushings as well? I'm looking to get the euro shifter cause I don't care for a much shorter throw, just hoping to eliminate slop

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

deep.mit

Go Kart Champion
Did you have just shifter bushings or the bracket bushings as well? I'm looking to get the euro shifter cause I don't care for a much shorter throw, just hoping to eliminate slop

Hey, I had the full setup. 42DD shifter bushings and the bracket bushings from Verdict. They do a pretty good job of eliminating slop. However, the 1st and 2nd gears will be hard to find once the innards start getting warmer.

Dieselgeek is not only about the short throw believe me. If you haven't already invested in anything yet, go for the dieselgeek. You won't regret it. I took a long time to accept that ;)

ncsugray90

Ready to race!
Hey, I had the full setup. 42DD shifter bushings and the bracket bushings from Verdict. They do a pretty good job of eliminating slop. However, the 1st and 2nd gears will be hard to find once the innards start getting warmer.

Dieselgeek is not only about the short throw believe me. If you haven't already invested in anything yet, go for the dieselgeek. You won't regret it. I took a long time to accept that ;)

I hear ya, just hard to justify almost 4x the price, haha. May just get the bushings first and see how that works first

ncsugray90

Ready to race!
In that case, start with the bracket bushings. They will come into use with the DG SS as well :thumbsup:

[emoji106]

deep.mit

Go Kart Champion
Finally bit the bullet and got myself these. I have underestimated these all along! Even for the tornado red, they completely change the personality of the car from posterior:thumbsup:

Before someone asks, these are the Depo tails. Got it for a good deal from OPD. Perfect fit. No condensation through heavy rains. Happy! :)

Last edited:

ncsugray90

Ready to race!
Finally bit the bullet and got myself these. I have underestimated these all along! Even for the tornado red, they completely change the personality of the car from posterior:thumbsup:

Before someone asks, these are the Depo tails. Got it for a good deal from Dose. Perfect fit. No condensation through heavy rains. Happy! :)

Very nice! Got a few more things I want to get before I go with the tails, but they are def on the list

ncsugray90

Ready to race!
Yes. Have it asap!

And do you have a build thread yet?

I do, but my html knowledge does not work in the signature field so I have no idea how to put a link in my sig, haha