GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

*NEW*MK6 Euro Tail Reverse CREE LED Kit – Very Bright/Error Free/Lifetime Warranty

MKVI_Roa

Ready to race!
Sorry Im being a typical customer with this obvious question, but I want to confirm I understand before assuming I do. Basically you're saying to install the LED reverse light by swapping out the bulb first and if it throws a code just install a resistor to fix the problem?

robeeeerob

Go Kart Champion
Sorry Im being a typical customer with this obvious question, but I want to confirm I understand before assuming I do. Basically you're saying to install the LED reverse light by swapping out the bulb first and if it throws a code just install a resistor to fix the problem?

Yes. But in all honesty, you will probably get a code.

However, if you really don't want to install the resistors, nice thing about the LED tails is you can always VAG-COM the code out.

tdream1

Autocross Newbie
Ordered!

deAutoLED.com

GolfMK6 Official Vendor

Yes. But in all honesty, you will probably get a code.

However, if you really don't want to install the resistors, nice thing about the LED tails is you can always VAG-COM the code out.

Thanks for the order, we appreciate it.

Yes, the LEDs will need resistors, you can most likely code out errors with VCDs but we do not have the procedure for this method.

But the 7440 LEDs for the OEM NON-LED tails are 100% plug and play / error free.

Installed the Reverse CREE LED kit and the OSRAM Amber LED Taillight Turn Signals the other day. Very happy with both product! I feel that both are much brighter than the stock bulbs on my LED Tails.

Pics don't really do them justice, but here are some before and after night shots of the reverse lights:

Before (stock, headlights off)

After (LED, headlights off)

And...

Before (stock, headlights on)

After (LED, headlights on)

Btw, I didn't edit these photos or apply any filters (taken with an iPhone 5s). If the lighting the the background looks adjusted, that's a testament to the power output of these powerful LEDs.

Happy with purchase, just ordered the license plate LEDs (less intense). Thanks deautokey!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:thumbsup: thanks again for the photos.

karsen

Ready to race!
Just bought a set of these for my LED tails that are coming soon. Can't wait and I know my other deAutoKey purchases have been exactly what I was looking for! :thumbsup:

MKVI_Roa

Ready to race!
Ordered and installed, unfortunately they are still throwing codes even with the resistors installed. I attribute this to my own inexperience with electrical (work) maybe I didn't connect the T taps correctly? I made sure to tap the thinner brown wire. Any hints or ideas would be insanely appreciated. Freaking out here, car guy problems lol

Also the lights look amazing thanks deAutoKey!

robeeeerob

Go Kart Champion
Could be the wrong brown wire.

Or, could just be the T taps weren't snapped down hard enough? I used plyers and a significant amount of squeeze to ensure the blade in the T tap penetrated to the wires.

MKVI_Roa

Ready to race!
Yeah I'm going to redo the wire taps tomorrow on one side and see how it goes. I did identify after some research that I used the wrong method when tapping into the wires. I slid the main yellow and brown wires onto the inside of the t-tap instead of the outer side and then sliding the red wire through the correct inner side, make sense ? [emoji37] But seriously thanks for your help will post up some pics later today for your feedback .