GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

H&R Sports Uneven Ride Height

Mk6Sam

Recently installed H&R Sport springs on my GTI, after 2 weeks I've notice that the right rear sits higher than the left rear.

I can stick a finger in the left rear wheelwell and two fingers in the wheel gap on the right side...Tested this on multiple surfaces and it's the same everytime.

Any ideas as to what could be the issue? I checked the spring and it's seated correctly in the upper perch. :/

Korydogg

Ready to race!
Recently installed H&R Sport springs on my GTI, after 2 weeks I've notice that the right rear sits higher than the left rear.

I can stick a finger in the left rear wheelwell and two fingers in the wheel gap on the right side...Tested this on multiple surfaces and it's the same everytime.

Any ideas as to what could be the issue? I checked the spring and it's seated correctly in the upper perch. :/

I just installed eibach sportlines and I feel like my right rear sits a little bit lower than the left. To make matters worse it looks like the rear end sits a smidge lower than the front.

Not that this solves any problems for you....but that's my input lol

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
Did you have it aligned yet? (the camber could be out)

Did you try swapping the springs side to side & see if the result was the same too?

Mk6Sam

Did you have it aligned yet? (the camber could be out)

Did you try swapping the springs side to side & see if the result was the same too?

Yes I did have it aligned at VW shortly after getting them installed. Everything is in spec.

I will see if swapping the springs changes anything this weekend hopefully...

Mk6Sam

I just installed eibach sportlines and I feel like my right rear sits a little bit lower than the left. To make matters worse it looks like the rear end sits a smidge lower than the front.

Not that this solves any problems for you....but that's my input lol

I did read that some springs do sit lower in the rear so I purchased the thicker Audi TT rear spring pads.

Car has a little front rake to it now, might swap back to the stock GTI ones to level everything out. :/

zef

Drag Racing Champion
I had a pretty large front rake with the H&R sports as well.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
Yes I did have it aligned at VW shortly after getting them installed. Everything is in spec.

I will see if swapping the springs changes anything this weekend hopefully...

That doesn't mean much

The camber "should" be equal side to side (such as -1.5 on the left & right, rear)....so you don't have any weird illusions (from the camber) going on of the fender/tire gap

Korydogg

Ready to race!

Did you figure out the issue?

I did read that some springs do sit lower in the rear so I purchased the thicker Audi TT rear spring pads.

Car has a little front rake to it now, might swap back to the stock GTI ones to level everything out. :/

Can you post a pic? I was gonna go this route but I am worried its gonna be too raked out.

Mk6Sam

Did you figure out the issue?

Can you post a pic? I was gonna go this route but I am worried its gonna be too raked out.

So, I have a feeling it may just be the springs are still settling in the new rubber pads.

Think I could have gone without switching to the TT rubber pads with H&R Sports, overall I don't think the look is that bad though with a little front rake.

Might swap the stock ones in when it's not raining one weekend and see how it looks.

Here is a pic below:
MK6GTI

Mk6Sam

^^^Based on that pic, I'd go back to the stock rubber pads

Thanks, most likely going to be swapping them back in, glad I got a second opinion on it!

I'm hauling a transmission and top end for my Foxbody from OCMD back to PA this month. I may keep them installed for that so the rear doesn't sag with all the weight back there. Lol

Korydogg

Ready to race!
So, I have a feeling it may just be the springs are still settling in the new rubber pads.

Think I could have gone without switching to the TT rubber pads with H&R Sports, overall I don't think the look is that bad though with a little front rake.

Might swap the stock ones in when it's not raining one weekend and see how it looks.

Here is a pic below:
MK6GTI

I don't think it looks that bad. If you had a little bit of offset on your rims and they were flush I don't think it would be a problem.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
The difference between the stock pad (8mm) and the TT pad (13mm) is only 5 millimeters anyways...but the TT pads are a harder rubber too