GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

This forum is almost dead

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Its sad. When i first joined and for a few years after i could come on and see 10s of threads every day multiple times a day. Always with activity and unread post multiple times a day in each of those threads.

Now i see roughly 3-5 threads(barely ever a new thread) maybe and rarely a unread post until the next day after i check/reply in the morning.

Its sad to see how slow this forum has gotten... I enjoyed coming on here often while at work and seeing all new stuff for a quick break from the office. Now i come on and there's maybe a post in the "What did you do to your car thread" and that's about it.

Even the off topic has died a horrible death. The literal last post in the off topic lounge was over a week ago.

I miss the old days :thumbdown:

ahard48

Ready to race!
Coming from a Hyundai Tiburon forum this is a whole different world of activity, still excited each time I come here in hope to find a good deal on mods.... But over the past 3 years I have noticed a slowing rate of posts, however still way more active then my other platform.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Aye, I miss my mk4 days on vortex too. Like 10-11 years ago that place was busy with lots of regular posters. Now you go on there and its dead with a ton of vendor spam.

pdan

Ready to race!
Aye, I miss my mk4 days on vortex too. Like 10-11 years ago that place was busy with lots of regular posters. Now you go on there and its dead with a ton of vendor spam.

Yeah I went on Vortex for a few years just to lurk and then eventually I joined when I got my MK6 and that place is a complete graveyard. Pretty much full of vendors bumping their threads and that’s about it.

At least there’s still some life left on here, but it does get sad seeing people slowly leave the MK6 platform.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1ashchuckton

Autocross Champion
This place is like Grand Central Station compared to Vortex. I'm sure FB has put a negative impact on this & many other sites. Folks moved from MK6 to MK7's?

GTIMKV20

APR Stage I
100% agree. This forum used to be my favorite time waster. Now it barely gets me through a bathroom visit, lol

skautistic

I can appreciate where you're coming from, but as a new member, I really enjoy the place. Maybe a bit of ignorance is bliss :)

I lurked for a while before joining and always enjoyed both old and active threads. I stop by about once a day but haven't posted much as most folks seem pretty far ahead of me.

Blaznjoe

Drag Race Newbie
Yup! I remember when I joined in 2012. This place was off the hizzle with chatter, updates, and new aftermarket product launches. It just slowly faded a couple of years ago as people sold there rigs and moved on. :( I still check up to see what's going on here. There's a ton of great content here for people buying used MK6's....like realizing their timing chain tensioner may possibly explode at any minute :mad:

pdan

Ready to race!
I feel like Facebook killed a lot of the forum traffic. At least that’s what it feels like to me as a non-Facebook user

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
The forum is a resource for technical information. FB is for the social media trolling shit show.