GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

9w7 Bluetooth Upgrade

hack-man162

Passed Driver's Ed
Okay, I have a 2010 GTI, with RCD510 and an Apple iphone 6S.

My car came with the 9w2 Bluetooth module and everything worked as expected. I upgraded to a 9w7 Bluetooth module and was able to pair the phone easy enough. I havent yet enabled push to talk in VCDS.

My issue is, that in the MFD, my phone, the battery and signal levels, as well as the carrier show up, but only the Bluetooth and Battery level icons show up, but not the ipod. When I select Media on the RCD510, the Bluetooth tab is not enabled. Anyone know what I may need to code up in vcds?
Thanks!

drval85

Go Kart Newbie
You mean you're trying to pair a separate iPod, or play music through the phone? I have an iPhone SE/rcd510/9w7 and have no issues playing from the phone, so it's definitely possible.

hack-man162

Passed Driver's Ed
Sorry for the confusion. Trying to use the phone to play music. The little iPod icon does not show up in my MFD, only the battery level and bluetooth icons. In my RCD510 options, I have bluetooth streaming enabled. However, when I select the "Media" screen, the bluetooth button is gray'd out (disabled). Try to use the phone to select streaming it doesn't work as well.

drval85

Go Kart Newbie
I use it to play pandora. I start the car, and my phone auto pairs. I launch the app, and go to media in the RCD. I can control it through the MFD/steering wheel. If I don't pair immediately on starting the car it won't work correctly.

Try it with pandora or another app. Maybe it's an issue with playing media from the phone.