GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Need Help.... Battle with Raccoon

ben_m

Ready to race!
Regrettably a few weeks back a raccoon met his unfortunate end with my car. While victorious, the bastard ended up cracking my Windshield reservoir tank. As such I need help replacing it....

Anyone on LI have experience removing the front bump and headlight? I tried having a go at it the other day, but i'm concerned about breaking all the tabs etc. I'm willing to travel to you or vice versa, and obviously I can compensate you for your time.

Ben

Mk6 Steve

Ready to race!
Lol I need to hear this story! It’s pretty easy to remove the front bumper. If you want I can walk you through it although it may be easier if you call me directly.

GeorgiaBII

Drag Race Newbie
Lucky! I hit a raccoon at 65 and did 5500 worth of damage.

front bumper, rad support, rad, inter cooler, condenser, and ac compressor.

Mk6 Steve

Ready to race!
Damn! He fucking ate a lot of metal and plastic!

ben_m

Ready to race!
Hi Steve,

Thanks for the offer, I've seen a youtube video, unfortunately they always make it look easier.

No real story, driving home from work, I was on LIE service road and the section was really dark, raccoon appeared in the street and I had about 1sec to make a decision. I was going to try and swerve out of the way but didn't know if a car was next to me. So I kept on going and prayed.

Phur

Autocross Champion
Lucky! I hit a raccoon at 65 and did 5500 worth of damage.

front bumper, rad support, rad, inter cooler, condenser, and ac compressor.

Holy shit that’s a lot of damage from a raccoon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ben_m

Ready to race!
Whew... got lucky. My local dealer only charged me 1 hour of labor. Unfortunately, there are 2 versions of the windshield reservoir, got hit with a $20 charge for the cap for it... Still can't complain.

whitewolf33

Go Kart Champion
Just hit a fuckin raccoon about a half hour ago. Doing around 65. Caught the side, looks to need a new bumper and driver side fog. Radiatior and all that looks ok. My bumper lip somehow survived. I need to take a closer look in the morning.

Phur

Autocross Champion
Just hit a fuckin raccoon about a half hour ago. Doing around 65. Caught the side, looks to need a new bumper and driver side fog. Radiatior and all that looks ok. My bumper lip somehow survived. I need to take a closer look in the morning.

Damn! That sucks. I got extremely lucky with mine. The fog light surround popped right back into place, as did the underbody trim shit. I don’t know how it didn’t fuck anything up.

Phur

Autocross Champion
ECS has a scratch and dent golf r front bumper on the cheap... just sayin’

whitewolf33

Go Kart Champion
Can you send me the link please? The possibility of getting the R bumper is the only bright side to this. I actually did get everything popped back into place nicely but the drivers side fog is gone and a lot of tabs are broken. Lower grills cracked, bumper is cracked under the drivers side fog

whitewolf33

Go Kart Champion
I see it. Id prefer a whole kit instead of trying to piece it all together.