GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

NY / NJ / CT / PA (and DE/MD) Spotted Thread! (#2)

confuc1ous

Go Kart Champion
A guy in a new stock CSG 2dr gti, right by the 287 entrance in Piscataway on Hadley Road right before it intersects with Durham Avenue. Saturday at like 515-530pm, I was sitting in the left turning lane, he is passing and eventually goes straight onto 287, comes to a complete stop next me and just stares for a minute, it was surreal, then just drives off. I gave you a peace sign and you just stared, which was creepy btw. It was a weird terminator/pedophile moment, but whoever you are, nice car.

BillyBob

is afraid of the dyno...
I gave you a peace sign and you just stared, which was creepy btw. It was a weird terminator/pedophile moment, but whoever you are, nice car.

Win
So much win I sigged it. Tried to keep context but it may win with just " It was a weird terminator/pedophile moment.."

Rockchops

Go Kart Champion
A guy in a new stock CSG 2dr gti, right by the 287 entrance in Piscataway on Hadley Road right before it intersects with Durham Avenue. Saturday at like 515-530pm, I was sitting in the left turning lane, he is passing and eventually goes straight onto 287, comes to a complete stop next me and just stares for a minute, it was surreal, then just drives off. I gave you a peace sign and you just stared, which was creepy btw. It was a weird terminator/pedophile moment, but whoever you are, nice car.

I have had that happen to me a few times. Worst one was in a parking lot as I slowly passed by this girl with a clearly modded gti. She stared at me. I stared back with this face as we slowly passed by. I mean it was funny...but sad

confuc1ous

Go Kart Champion
Win
So much win I sigged it. Tried to keep context but it may win with just " It was a weird terminator/pedophile moment.."

lol, my buddy in the passenger seat just looked at me and all he said, in a calm, straight forward tone, 'what the fuck is that guys problem'. I just shook my head and shrugged my shoulders. I felt like it was one of the designers or engineers feeling like I had failed him with my work on the car, lol

I have had that happen to me a few times. Worst one was in a parking lot as I slowly passed by this girl with a clearly modded gti. She stared at me. I stared back with this face as we slowly passed by. I mean it was funny...but sad

lol, imagine if she broke out in the riverdance or something, lol

I dont get it sometimes, maybe its just me but if someone acknowledges me or what-not i'll at least make an attempt at a nod, a wave or even a peace sign. That being said, the first week i bought the GTi i was picking up my kid from school, driving down the main street in Metuchen and some guy in an MKV drove by and gave me a fucking bat signal with both hands so i flipped him off thinking, wtf, a week or so later one of my friends with a vdub was showing me the V and W with both hands and I thought, damn... lol

dcarony

Ready to race!
...some guy in an MKV drove by and gave me a fucking bat signal with both hands so i flipped him off...later one of my friends with a vdub was showing me the V and W with both hands...
LMMFAO

I hate when I'm lost or preoccupied and don't notice the other dubber saluting me in time to acknowledge him back. I feel like I've failed in my duties or something. Then I gotta do a buck thirty through traffic as penance lol

jnj2455

Ready to race!
Saw a shit ton of MK6s today going north as I was coming from Princeton. I always see a guy in a black MK6 halogens with a buzzed head and glasses commuting to and back from the princeton area.

Then saw a shadow blue MK6 Autobahn down Co. Rd. 601, a black MK6 further down 601, and then a Tornado Red MK6 on E. Mountain Rd.

All within an hour.

svickstc

Go Kart Champion
Dark gray R on the turnpike this morning headed towards downingtown...you gave me the peace sign...mnice ride man

JayFine

Ready to race!
TR GTI with LED headlights and R style grille on Roosevelt boulevard over the weekend near Woodhaven on ramp. I was the CW GTI with VAGCOM.

FiGGy77

Ready to race!
Matte Black 4-door - LED tails - R-Center Exhaust. (could've been an R didn't see the front)
black rims, looked like VMR's at Gramercy Park North in NYC around 2 ish.

confuc1ous

Go Kart Champion
Obviously with this weekend being what and where it is, there's been a lot of sightings. I've really seen a lot of MKV's. I met a guy yesterday when I was leaving Eurotech, black 4dr MKVI with some TSW's on it. Nice fella, we spoke for a few minutes, his name is John, I believe he's from NY State, nice guy regardless.

gyaeger

Passed Driver's Ed
Was cruising with a low R32 from neptune through asbury this afternoon around 5:30.... Sounded real nice.