GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

HPA K04 users need some input

redubbed

Ready to race!
It’s likely the same reason the diverter valves they’re using are “reps” to hit a price point with the turbo to be competitive. Casting & machining those housings probably isn’t cheap, so they use aftermarket components for the rest, including the actuator.

Obviously a more aggressive tune/mods will ask more of the potentially crappy actuator, thus the varied results.

I think it’s worth the extra upgrades to make a good bolt-on turbo “kit” great.

With the Forge actuator & OEM electrical things, it should perform solidly. Plus, with the SoCal Porting port & ceramic coat, it’ll spool close to stock.

zef

Drag Racing Champion
My thoughts exactly! That's the plan for my Ko4 as well. Will be sent over to SoCal as soon as my turbo gets here Tuesday.

Thanks for the input!

zef

Drag Racing Champion

Francoleon91

Drag Racing Champion
Hey guys. Just realized my kit didnt come with this clamp.
Can I reuse the stock one? Or were can i buy one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OhioMK6

Ready to race!
Hey guys. Just realized my kit didnt come with this clamp.
Can I reuse the stock one? Or were can i buy one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Contact HPA. I've heard that clamp leaked for a few people as well so it may be worth having it welded instead. The stock turbo has a different outlet pipe so there's no clamp to re-use.

Francoleon91

Drag Racing Champion
Contact HPA. I've heard that clamp leaked for a few people as well so it may be worth having it welded instead. The stock turbo has a different outlet pipe so there's no clamp to re-use.

yeah i saw previous posts in this thread that ppl's were leaking. Maybe ill have the shop weld it. thanks for the info.

OhioMK6

Ready to race!
yeah i saw previous posts in this thread that ppl's were leaking. Maybe ill have the shop weld it. thanks for the info.

No problem. Try reaching out to the people who posted that for more details on the turbo outlet.