GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > Golf 2.5L Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes

Old 05-27-2018, 12:54 PM   #57
MLue1
FIA GT Champion

Drives: 2010 Golf 2.5 CW 5sp / 2009 Tiguan
IE V3 Dongle

I was talking to Chris at Integrated Engineering via email we couldn't get the order for Stage2 done before the weekend, so earliest that he prolly gets back to me would be Tuesday after Memorial Day (Monday).

WW, thanks for doing all the experimenting, shows that the IE V3 Dongle is the way to go, as you can swith to the different stage Tunes and back to stock, good choice for those of us who have to take into consideration emissions testing to keep our cars licensed.

"Special" Intake Manifold coming, stay tuned. No pun intended

BTW: For the guys in Toronto, Someone recently mentioned that the United Motorsport 2.5 Tune at EU Autowerks in Vaughn no longer available from them.

Last edited by MLue1; 05-27-2018 at 01:14 PM. Reason: BTW
MLue1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 02:17 PM   #58
Wascally Wabbit
Rally Car Newbie

Drives: Rabbit Diesel/TDI/2.5L
The tool has been great. So far my only complaint with the flash tool is it is really tight to get on the OBD2 port but I guess once it's on I don't have to worry about it falling off. Also to get the software to recognize the tool I have to open the software without the tool plugged in and let it fail the initial check and then plug the tool in and hit retry. May be unique to my install but thought I would mention it in case anyone has a similar experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLue1 View Post
good for those of us who have to take into consideration emissions testing to keep our cars licensed.
Here in California they can pull you over if they think you are modified and give you a fix-it ticket which will require a smog. That's why my preference for the stock tdi look and why I leave the exhaust alone. The car is loud enough with just the intake and the tune. I am still surprised at how much louder the tune makes the car. Stock tune with IM was way quiter than stage 1 or 2. I meant to check but forgot to see if it would pass smog readiness with stage 2 and all stock components. I think it will although it is probably best to just flash back to stock.
Wascally Wabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 12:55 AM   #59
MLue1
FIA GT Champion

Worked with Chris at IE to purchase Stage2. I'm not sure when I can Flash Stage2 on the Golf to try it, as my Son uses the Golf all the time, or so it seems.

I sold my best hacked Intake Manifold to the Chump Car Team, they seemed happy enough so its not coming back. Its cheap free HP and fits the low budget of the Series, buying and IE SRI and/or Tune would exceed the budget of the Series. I may have to make another one to try... . Will have to wait until August when I get back from hanging out on the beach in SC tho.

Last edited by MLue1; 05-31-2018 at 01:10 AM. Reason: removed Sale info and link as sale ended
Old 06-02-2018, 11:25 PM   #60
MLue1
FIA GT Champion

Got the Integrated Engineering V3 Flash Tool dongle, Stage2 Tune paid for and waiting at IE; BUT getting P0327 knock sensor error codes since washing the engine, so can't try flashing until that's resolved.
Old 06-05-2018, 02:46 AM   #61
MLue1
FIA GT Champion

Re-torqued the bolts on the knock sensors tonight to 20nm or 15 ft-lbs, albeit on a warm/hot engine. If that doesn't fix the problem I'll have to replace them, I'll do both while I'm in there.