GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2009 Golf 103TDI

TDI110

O_o
I think what he means by 103 is KW not HP. So it's the 2.0 140HP variant.

The MSP3 is a tad too tacky imo. The interior feels cheap and the front is just ridiculous. The Mrk VI has a better interior and it looks great.

Keithuk

Go Kart Champion
I think what he means by 103 is KW not HP. So it's the 2.0 140HP variant.
Yes 103Kw is 138.123BHP.

I think your getting confused like most people VW always quote in Kw and PS in Europe and not BHP because they are German. PS = Pferdestärke, horse strength which is a bit more than BHP. 140PS = 138.082BHP.

I think in the States only do VW quote BHP, because they quote 200BHP for the GTi yet they quote 200PS in Europe. ;)

syphanx

Passed Driver's Ed
Keithuk said:
"Whats the actual reason you opting for the TDI is it economy?"
The main reason I am getting (well the only reason at the moment), I thinking of getting a TDI over an FSI engine is because I am not on my full license. In Australia they have created this stupid rule that anyone who is not on their full license cannot drive a turbo charged car (with an exception to diesels). It's all about power to weight.... but the system is seriously flawed because I am able to drive a R32 4 motion 3.2L V6, but not allowed to drive a GTI or even an 1.4L FSI engine and we all know which is faster.
The government figured it was easier and less hassle for them to create a blanket ruling over the whole turbo charged range, rather than specific vehicles (IMO which is what they should have done).
But economy is also a bonus! :thumbsup:

I test drove a Mazda 3 SP25 today, I think the interior was alot better than I expected, didnt look as tacky, however still not as good as the golf. However with the Mazda you get alot more features for your moneys worth, i.e. Leather seats, GPS, sunroof, etc. Was suprised though how loud it was inside the car when I was driving, also it was a sedan and had a huge boot but not much room in the back or front of the car (luckily I am a small person). Handling is responsive and heads up display and steering wheel look awesome. But damn I want a Golf lol.

Keithuk

Go Kart Champion
Thats an interesting rule syphanx. ;)

ecniv

Passed Driver's Ed
Dont they have the gtd there?

I have the 140ps ukp tdi and its great. Think there is a 105/110ps version too which might save a few monies. You can also get an ecu tune afterwards, and I believe up to 195ps whithout needing to upgrade other parts...