GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official MK6 TDI Tunes Thread

truuuuuuuuu

Ready to race!
stage 2 malone with dpf delete( straight piped ) is decently quick. I have a stage 0+ mk6 gti and I pull probably 2 car lengths on stage 2 malone tdi. Have done multiple runs

Brinkmen

VW NUT!
I am still fighting with myself not to get Malone Stage 1.5 Tune because I promised my GF that I will not get the tune. I'm still tempted to get it!

Get APR and change back to stock programming when you're done driving if you think she will drive it. ;)

azthegame

Ready to race!
I see all this stuff about APR and DSG. Anyone here have experience with APR on a 6MT TDI? I've narrowed it down to APR and Malone.

I'm leaning toward APR because I've had their tuning on 4 cars now including my current '10 GTI and have never had ANY problems. But then I remember those are 1.8ts and 2.0ts and I'm wondering if Malone is the better option because of the amount of time they have been doing TDI tunes. Another thing to consider for me is there is an APR dealer here in town less than 15 minutes away and the closest Malone dealer is in Portland 580 miles away. Granted its about 1 tank in the TDI each way, but still another $200 in fuel costs for Malone (sending in my ECU isn't an option I'm considering for any companies.)

Thoughts?

200 in fuel costs? How many mpg do you usually get? I get 580 miles on a tank typically ( mixed driving) and is like 50 bucks of fuel.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
My buddy has a 2012 6mt TDI Jetta Stage 2 Malone, 3" Rawtek dpf deleted DP into the stock 2.5" muffler. Also has an APR carbino intake but other than that its 100% stock. I ran it at a local 1/4 mile track, only made one pass (he rode with me plus a cooler full of beer and random shit in the trunk) went 15.7 at 98 mph if i remeber correctly. He made several passes alone and ran similar mph but slightly slower ET since it was his first time at the track. Anyone else have any time slips? I plan on doing his mods plus 3" straight pipe all the way out...should be decently quick in a lighter golf

Brinkmen

VW NUT!
200 in fuel costs? How many mpg do you usually get? I get 580 miles on a tank typically ( mixed driving) and is like 50 bucks of fuel.

You're right. I should have put roughly $120 for two tanks. Cali fuel costs. Diesel is around $4.00 to $4.15/gallon right now. I should be getting at least 600 miles out of a tank with purely highway driving. I'm going down to San Diego for Thanksgiving and am caravaning with my brother in law and his family in their 01 Golf TDI. Should be an interesting MPG comparison.

tdigolf13

I Have though about getting a Kermatdi Ecu tuning chip, they program them to what you have done to your engine. Has any one used them and how do they compare to the other ones you guys have talked about?

alludc

Passed Driver's Ed
I REALLY wish I would have tested 0-60 before I did stg I APR tune.
Im a 2011 2dr DSG TDI and I made a few runs tonight (tuned yesterday). I also have a DIY ( POS ) open cone intake.
As measured by Torque (android app), and on passengers stopwatch. 7.44(torque) and 7.6(stopwatch). Backed that up with a 7.52(torque) and 7.5(stopwatch)

It certainly feels tons better post tune. Its strugglin for grip all of 1st gear til it shifts into 2nd. Im always leery of apps as far as 0-60 goes, but with the stopwatch backup I feel confident that all runs were sub 8 seconds. Im ok with this.

Brinkmen

VW NUT!
I REALLY wish I would have tested 0-60 before I did stg I APR tune.
Im a 2011 2dr DSG TDI and I made a few runs tonight (tuned yesterday). I also have a DIY ( POS ) open cone intake.
As measured by Torque (android app), and on passengers stopwatch. 7.44(torque) and 7.6(stopwatch). Backed that up with a 7.52(torque) and 7.5(stopwatch)

It certainly feels tons better post tune. Its strugglin for grip all of 1st gear til it shifts into 2nd. Im always leery of apps as far as 0-60 goes, but with the stopwatch backup I feel confident that all runs were sub 8 seconds. Im ok with this.

Switch to stock mode, run 0-60 test, switch back to Stage 1, run comparison test. Easy peasy.

alludc

Passed Driver's Ed
revival of the dead thread.

sold my 11, now I have a 13 tdi dsg golf. Not sure if I wanna try Malone, or do APR (again) on this one.

on another note, considering trying to remove the two cats & Muff (and leave the DPF). All I want is a BIT more damn sound.

mamock116

Ready to race!
^ you will get a CEL if you delete any of the exhaust stuff. There is a flap valve in the middle of the exhaust pipe with sensors going to it.

Norsk

Go Kart Champion
revival of the dead thread.

sold my 11, now I have a 13 tdi dsg golf. Not sure if I wanna try Malone, or do APR (again) on this one.

on another note, considering trying to remove the two cats & Muff (and leave the DPF). All I want is a BIT more damn sound.

Go with Malone, way better than APR.