GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Next Car Swap

McQueen77

Banned
Nah the one car would be a new S3. Does it all and looks better than STi/Golf etc. 4 doors for ease of use and makes nice sounds. Love the look overall as well. Not cheap thats for sure. Dat Audi badge lol!! :)

How is the M235i treating you? Eternally jealous over that one.

Given how things are going 30k is a pipe dream for a CPO price. It'll likely be closer to 35k. VW CPO pricing is the epitome of rape.

Perhaps. The lease on the Tiguan is up in like 6-7 months. We are sick of that thing. Not really the car itself but the fact that it's just beyond base. The seats suck balls, no features, base crap stereo, no options etc. Talking to my guy right now about getting out of it at the next sign and drive since she's prob even on the car right now. She just wants another Tiguan but with more options. Boring I know, but I won't even look at a Subie due to the CVT. I don't care what Plac says, I hate that transmission. Hate it. Right now they have a 2012 CPO Tiguan SEL 4 motion at the dealer this guy is at with 36k miles on it for $18999. Not bad at all. Thing is basically loaded, nav, leather, backup camera, auto climate, push button, heated seats, everything. If I could get her into that thing I would but then part of me just remember's my CPO experience with VW and it being just one little problem after another.

DaveSTR

Go Kart Champion
How is the M235i treating you? Eternally jealous over that one

Nate - it's a good machine. No issues takes a beating and asks for more. Keep ur eyes open for one CPO maybe if u are curious. Go test it no matter. Stick with Bmw man! :).

Hey would your wife consider the Jetta sport wagon? I like the look of it!

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Loved my RallyArmour flaps that I had on my '08 STI.

Max, the WRX trans is like, super strengthened for 1-2nd, I believe. So should be no issue with launching it.

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
just placed my order for the stage 2 e-tune. my parts arrive friday and i want to be ready with a safe file to start running rather than the Cobb OTS map.

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
Changed your mind about the downpipe or jpipe thingy? Don't blame you. I'm jelly.

its fast enough now. but i want a little extra for special occasions.

just a short j -pipe, not a full one. only eliminating 1 front cat, the most restrictive one.

thedude4bides

Go Kart Champion
its fast enough now. but i want a little extra for special occasions.

just a short j -pipe, not a full one. only eliminating 1 front cat, the most restrictive one.

How much gain is the fully bully over the short one? Nice to have more room in the future. I'm pretty much stuck unless I want to go stage 3, which is $6k plus labor... Eff that. Power-wise I'm done. Kaput. All that remains for me to do is tweak handling/suspension/braking.

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
How much gain is the fully bully over the short one? Nice to have more room in the future. I'm pretty much stuck unless I want to go stage 3, which is $6k plus labor... Eff that. Power-wise I'm done. Kaput. All that remains for me to do is tweak handling/suspension/braking.

probably a 75/25 split between effectiveness of the front pipe vs intermediate pipe swaps. the front pipe gets you 75% of the gains involved in a full j-pipe end to end.

i didnt want the full pipe for mainly noise reasons, but also ease of install, keep the secondary cat, etc..

this should give me maybe another 20/20 after the custom tune hopefully, getting me right to that 300/300 to the wheels mark pretty much.

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
in case anyone just wonders, i am removing my mudflap videos for now. i am going to fix my editor software and then make it just 1 video like it should have been. i guess this also gives me the opportunity to make a final walk around.

the new one part video with additional clips at the end.

Last edited:

The Waxer

Go Kart Champion
And VW ruined the infotainment system with the new iteration. It is so inferior to my RNS-510 it isn't even funny, and that headunit dates back to 2010...

However there are plenty of rumors that it will be fixed in 2016. I may go that route.

The coming MIB II system is pretty good and can be upgraded in the field later.

J-Cooz

Go Kart Champion
Thanks for the video on cleaning out the AC on the GTI Plac! My AC smells like ass and i'm going to clean it tomorrow using klima cleaner.