GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR V2.5 Now Available for the MK6 GTI

2012TP

Drag Racing Champion
Updated to v2.5 today and put approximately 150miles of mixed driving on.

ACHILLES R32

Drag Racing Champion
Updated to v2.5 today and put approximately 150miles of mixed driving on.

Are you stage 1+ or 2 .

How are you liking the throttle response?

Sent from my Pixel 2

2012TP

Drag Racing Champion
Are you stage 1+ or 2 .

How are you liking the throttle response?

Stage 2, DSG. Throttle response feels slightly better. Just so much smoother across the board.

The tune did resolve my main gripe in random jerky takeoff. It felt like being in a car with someone learning how to drive manual. There was also a rough feeling deceleration when going down from 2nd to first that’s now also gone.

I’m about 1,000 miles in on the tune and it still feels just as good. It also took some time for the previous tunes issues to appear after the tune “adapted” so I guess time will tell.

ACHILLES R32

Drag Racing Champion
Stage 2, DSG. Throttle response feels slightly better. Just so much smoother across the board.

The tune did resolve my main gripe in random jerky takeoff. It felt like being in a car with someone learning how to drive manual. There was also a rough feeling deceleration when going down from 2nd to first that’s now also gone.

I’m about 1,000 miles in on the tune and it still feels just as good. It also took some time for the previous tunes issues to appear after the tune “adapted” so I guess time will tell.
Stage 1+ is definitely smooth as well , like you said the jerky feeling is gone. But my one complaintn is the less sensitive throttle compared to 2.4.

But the car is still fun to drive , if I could figure out the throttle it would be perfect

Sent from my Pixel 2

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
Stage 1+ is definitely smooth as well , like you said the jerky feeling is gone. But my one complaintn is the less sensitive throttle compared to 2.4.

But the car is still fun to drive , if I could figure out the throttle it would be perfect

Sent from my Pixel 2

I feel like I've been dealing with this on all APR tunes I've had (stg1, stg2, stg2 H/O, stg2+.. The car just drags trying to take off without me flooring it. It's been a headache to balance trying to keep up with traffic without trying to sound like I'm racing everyone from a red light.

I'm not sure how other tunes compare since you can't really demo a tune or at least I never heard of a shop allowing this. Ultimately, it really makes driving the car not all that enjoyable most of the time. I just don't feel like dropping another 500+ at this time to switch tunes.

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
I feel like I've been dealing with this on all APR tunes I've had (stg1, stg2, stg2 H/O, stg2+.. The car just drags trying to take off without me flooring it. It's been a headache to balance trying to keep up with traffic without trying to sound like I'm racing everyone from a red light.

I'm not sure how other tunes compare since you can't really demo a tune or at least I never heard of a shop allowing this. Ultimately, it really makes driving the car not all that enjoyable most of the time. I just don't feel like dropping another 500+ at this time to switch tunes.

Do you have upgraded engine mounts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ACHILLES R32

Drag Racing Champion

Glad I'm not the only one that feels that way. About the throttle response, I drove a stage 1+ unitronic GLI . Throttle response was fantastic I didn't feel like I had to slam the gas pedal to move . But the torque felt weak.
I really want to try the Integrated engineering stage 1 or go unitronic stage 2. I don't think I would like the uni stage 1+ after driving the high tq apr tune. But I'm also not sure how reliable the IE tunes are .

This morning I was next to 2008 Mazda 3 sedan and that damn thing had quicker acceleration off the line lol.

Sent from my Pixel 2

Last edited:

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
Do you have upgraded engine mounts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do not... however, I've had this issue from the get go since Stg1. I completely forgot how the car drove tuneless as well at this point since I went Stg1 around 7k miles on the car...

ACHILLES R32

Drag Racing Champion
I do not... however, I've had this issue from the get go since Stg1. I completely forgot how the car drove tuneless as well at this point since I went Stg1 around 7k miles on the car...
When you have some extra $ , I would highly recommend the the integrated engineering ecu tune. Their dsg tune complements the ECU nicely. Very mild tcu tune . But regarding the ECU tune.

Power delivery is more linear and the throttle is more responsive.

Car doesn't sound like I'm pushing it to it's limit every day. However I did have the apr stage 1 high tq tune. Once I upgraded to version 2.1

Even though the IE tune seems to have less hp on paper . 257/315 compared to 268/325 . It sure doesn't feel that way in everyday driving.

Only reason I went with apr was because the dealership offered to pay for the tune. So I tuned it at 9k .

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

damagi123

Go Kart Champion
I know its a tale as old as time here guys, but anyone with a daily gripe about throttle response.... why dont you just get a frickin pedalbox already. Theyre expensive for what they are but you can probably get one used and they genuinely fix the problem we all continue to be annoyed by daily ..The amount of tip in required on take off. Just get one. It fixes it.

Mslstudio22

APR update 6mt

Anyone with manual transmission get this update? Worth it?

I did get the update, and im 6mt. The throttle response is much different...like you have to relearn how put your foot down. Before on .4 revision, you only needed a little throttle to get spoolin, now you have to lean in a bit more to get it to go..BUT! It does go...i think the drivability of this tune will help with fuel economy, its much easier to drive smooth. Im really enjoyinging it. Its like...more mature, lol.
One thing i will add...along with the tune i got the no lift shift option..ANYBODY WITH 6MT GET THE NO LIFT SHIFT! The car spins going into third gear now, and im on the low torque file btw. I cant tell if i notice a torque decrease..maybe, but it could be in my head..i raced my buddies 370z tonight and beat him more than i normally do..but i cant tell if its the tune or the no lift shift..

Dans GTI

Ready to race!
Any more input from 6MT with the 2.5v tune, hows the car drive now? I have the 2.4 version and HATE the tune. My biggest gripe with 2.4 is gas pedal response is horrible...it feels like i have 2 inches of deal travel before i can start revving the engine. I can't slowly roll into the RPM range.

tofuD01

Ready to race!
Many miles later, i feel it can still be a bit jerky on the first gear acceleration at roundabouts but definitely not as bad as it was on prior versions.

DSG though btw.