GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2010 GTI value question

kgdf21

Hey all,

So I'm currently driving a 2007 GTI with high mileage on it and I'm looking to upgrade to a MK6. The one I'm looking at is $10 000 CAD ($7281 USD) on the east coast of Canada. It is a 2010 with 138k km (86k miles) and is a 2 door white in excellent shape. It has the following upgrades:

Cobb accessport with stratified tune
Stage 2 clutch
Milltek downpipe
AFE catback exhaust
CTS turbo intake
H&R lowering springs
Newer R8 coil packs and ngk plugs
GFB diverter valve
Newly updated tensioner

My question is does anyone have an opinion on what the car is worth? I know within the next 1-1.5 years I will probably have to get a carbon cleaning done on the valves and likely a timing chain kit. I've read I can check timing chain stretch with VCDS or OBDEleven, but I only own a Bluedriver scanner so I wouldn't be able to check it when I test drive the car. Therefore I figure I should assume to put a timing chain/guides in at around 100k miles. I drive around 9-10 miles a year and I'd like to get 3-4 years out of the car. Any thoughts are welcome!

Cheers

CowTownRacer

Drag Racing Champion
Seems like a decent price. With those mods I'd be worried about how the prior own drove the car.

Boscogn

Go Kart Champion
U list that it already got the tensioner upgrade. I don't see why chain would have slipped since. As for value not sure. I have my 13 mk6 with 110k miles and I would never sell it at its current value I thinks it's worth way more lol.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

fradd

I bought a 2012 GTI with 110k miles for $8250 (USD). Still supposedly $1-2k undervalue based on other posts and I saw and KBB. I would've snatched up the one you're looking at over mine though.

BudgetPhoenix

Autocross Champion
U list that it already got the tensioner upgrade. I don't see why chain would have slipped since. As for value not sure. I have my 13 mk6 with 110k miles and I would never sell it at its current value I thinks it's worth way more lol.

A chain can still slip even with a new tensioner. The chains wears and lengthens over time. Its been redesigned a few times. I did tensioner only at first and had to go back and redo everything due to chain stretch and startup rattle.

Boscogn

Go Kart Champion
A chain can still slip even with a new tensioner. The chains wears and lengthens over time. Its been redesigned a few times. I did tensioner only at first and had to go back and redo everything due to chain stretch and startup rattle.
Good to know ty.

RND1

Passed Driver's Ed
As a point of comparison, we're looking at a 2013 GTI 6 speed Wolfsburg w 83k miles. It has Cobb stage 1 w cold air intake, Southbend stage 2 clutch, R8 coils, GFB BOV, and spare set of winter wheels with Blizzaks. Price is $13k.

We've been looking the past couple of months and the 4 door, 6 speed 2013+ are tough to find. I thought we would be able to get into one for about $11,5k, but no luck so far. The 2 doors, or DSG's seem to be less $$ around here. Not knowing your local market, that price seems cheap for the mileage.