GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Springs for 25 ftg, ~1 inch lowering

NewGuy1

Go Kart Champion
Hi Guys,
Does anyone have spring recommendations for 1 inch lower all around?
I'm running Koni sports now with H&R springs and I took her out on a spirited drive this weekend and had a little too much scrapping for my comfort.

I cant find the source of this scrapping and I originally didn't want to go this low anyways (got springs dirt cheap).
So I'm looking to get replacement springs.

Also, I noticed on FB that someone is selling MSS adjustable springs on Koni sports.
Basically turning them into koni coilovers.
https://mss.company/shop/mss-sports...wagen-golf-mk6-hatchback-gti/?make=volkswagen
Any equivalents at a lower price point?

Thanks!

tkelly0727

Ready to race!
Since your already running koni yellows, DG springs offers a nice drop(.75/1in), VWR sits a litte lower than DG, especially in the rear. Both are linear which is a plus. Another great option would be Eibach Pro Springs which sits a little lower than VWR and a tad higher than H&R sport.

looked at your build page and you have the H&R SS. all options sits faily higher than the SS( 1.7/1.9 in).

I have DG for MT on my DSG car and it sits around 25 1/8 FTG in the front and 25 3/4 in the rear. ill try grab a picture later.

NewGuy1

Go Kart Champion
Since your already running koni yellows, DG springs offers a nice drop(.75/1in), VWR sits a litte lower than DG, especially in the rear. Both are linear which is a plus. Another great option would be Eibach Pro Springs which sits a little lower than VWR and a tad higher than H&R sport.

looked at your build page and you have the H&R SS. all options sits faily higher than the SS( 1.7/1.9 in).

I have DG for MT on my DSG car and it sits around 25 1/8 FTG in the front and 25 3/4 in the rear. ill try grab a picture later.

Thanks for the recommendations!
If you could grab a pic that would be great, would definitely help solidify the choice.
I forgot some versions have different springs for MT and DSG.
Do you perhaps have the SKU/model as well for your springs?

tkelly0727

Ready to race!
Thanks for the recommendations!
If you could grab a pic that would be great, would definitely help solidify the choice.
I forgot some versions have different springs for MT and DSG.
Do you perhaps have the SKU/model as well for your springs?

part number is: 5K4071677A. they have the same part number except one ends with "A" thats for MT and the DSG ends with "B". though they both uses the exact same rear springs. the fronts are different. MT ending with "AVA" and DSG ending with "BVB".

tkelly0727

Ready to race!
Hey man sorry for getting back to you so late but heres the pictures. Please excuse the condition my car is in. Been too busy to give it a good wash.
Hope this helps.

FP:

FD:

RP: sits about. .25/.5 higher than the rear driver side.

RD:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk