GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Lowering Springs

Jasonb1

Hi, I have a problem!!! I installed lowering springs on a 2011 vw golf 2.5l, when i did the passenger side the driveshaft came out of the spline it felt like. I rotated the shaft and it seamed to go back into place. After i was dont i took the car for a test drive and noticed i had a vibration, while on the gas and right from when the car starts to move.

Anyone have this problem?

Wascally Wabbit1

Drag Racing Champion
The vibration and the shaft coming out are likely unrelated. Did you do an alignment after lowering the car? When you lower the car the camber changes and you are likely not square on the tires anymore so vibration is a likely scenario. Even a tire rotation will cause vibration at times until the tire wears a little.

Jasonb1

I did a good inspection and the cv was out of place, well all the grease was on the sub frame.I have ordered a new shaft but when i got it, it seems to be wrong!!. The shaft on the car has 5 or 6 M10 bolts i think,but the one i have is aftermarket and it dont have the bolts so i dont think its right. I'm hoping that the aftermarket has changed to a push in type input shaft for the trans, the other end is the same. I guess i wont know till i take out the old and try and fit the new old, and yes i will be getting an alignment. Thanks for answering the post, but the look of the car is worth the problems im haveing lol

Jasonb1

Upon further inspection. When i pulled the spindle away from the lower a arm i must of pulled it out to far and 2 of the roller bearing fell off the CV shaft. All i needed to do was pull the boot back and put the bearings back in place and it would have been fine. So now i have a back up shaft lol