GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Reliable shop for Timing Chain Replacement

sweetgti

Ready to race!
I just wanted to add my 2 cents to this thread.

After reading this thread, considerable research, and convincing myself to actually do this, I decided to go ahead and solve this issue. I went to see the guys at AST last week, and I am really pleased with the result.. AST were really professional, extremely courteous, and really seem to know their stuff. I dropped off the car first thing in the morning, and by 3 PM it was ready. I only opted for the tensioner and the cover as Will mentioned the chain was in good condition.

I've heard some stories about oil leaks after ppl getting this done, and was a little afraid of that quick turnaround since I thought the sealant for the cover needed time to dry, but Will assured me it'll be okay, and so far, a week on, and it's all good. I knew I was in a good place first thing I got there since most of the cars there were VWs. There were 2 Rs there, and a few GTIs - made me feel comfortable.

The car was just over 192 K and figured that if VW ever decides to issue a recall for this, I figured that they'll issue an extended warranty till 193 K and hopefully I'll get reimbursed.

I will definitely be returning to AST for any issues future issues with the GTI.