GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

VAG-COM (VCDS) helper

Fiveflat

Ready to race!
I'm always confused over which cable to buy and I'm ready to order one today finally. I have a 2011 Jetta TDI and a 2012 Golf 2.5. Can I get the Micro-CAN or do I have to get the HEX-USB+CAN?

I have a powerful USB compatible Laptop...

omgturbo!

Go Kart Champion
Micro

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

ltldevl

Ready to race!
I'm always confused over which cable to buy and I'm ready to order one today finally. I have a 2011 Jetta TDI and a 2012 Golf 2.5. Can I get the Micro-CAN or do I have to get the HEX-USB+CAN?

I have a powerful USB compatible Laptop...

I had the same concern. If you enter your VIN on the http://store.ross-tech.com/shop/cat/VCDS.html page, it will show you the different models available. They said that the Micro-Can was meant for MK5 and MK6. HEX-USB+CAN has the highest compatibility but if your VIN search comes up with the Micro-Can as an option, why spend the extra?

Last edited:

zVp

Go Kart Champion
Can we make all the confirmed VAG-COM changes be a sticky? One who is just starting out with this (VAG-COM is in transit) tries to find details in this thread a little like finding a needle in a haystack. Sorry if this was done in another thread or is already planned....

Thank you Moderators!

Visit my journal (click linky in signature). I'm making some pictures/tutorials along with the reference I've used if applicable. It's still in the works, but hopefully this will help you.

BAM its mitch

Go Kart Champion
Does anyone know if it is possible to disable speed dependent volume via VCDS?

I can't disable through the normal menus(on the headunit) because I have an aftermarket headunit. However, it was set to 0 prior to removal of the RNS-315.

It is driving me crazy.

artemk93

Ready to race!
Hey, I live in Virginia, Roanoke area. Does anybody has the cable and the software and would be able to help me with the euroswitch for some cash or beers?

bmc333

Ready to race!
If you are ever up in the NoVA area - hit me up...I'm right off I-95

Hey, I live in Virginia, Roanoke area. Does anybody has the cable and the software and would be able to help me with the euroswitch for some cash or beers?

xHeartcoreboyx

IceCream GTI
Anyone indicator light flash when the winodws completely close by comfort operation (remote)?

I have the setting enabled on adapation, but it doesnt work.

Sent from my iPhone with typos

Fyrewerx

Does anyone know how to keep the radio on after I turn off the ignition? I have the rns315 in a 2013 gti

I asked the dealer why VW doesn't have an ACC key position so I could play the radio. He said just turn it on (press the radio's on button). Didn't even need the key. Turns off after approx. 10 min (like most cars), then turn it on again. My radio is the 310, but it may work the same on the 315.

SomaGTI

Ready to race!
I asked the dealer why VW doesn't have an ACC key position so I could play the radio. He said just turn it on (press the radio's on button). Didn't even need the key. Turns off after approx. 10 min (like most cars), then turn it on again. My radio is the 310, but it may work the same on the 315.

This is true for 315 as well. Just push the radio power button and it will come to life.

graveshb

Go Kart Champion
I apologize if this has been covered already, but if I run autoscan, then save the file, if I mess something up and need to revert to the correct coding, how do I do this? I'm scared to defeat stability via the steering angle sensor, in case I can't reenable it. Last time I defeated it, I couldn't get it to come back on.

bburns36

Ready to race!
Anyone indicator light flash when the winodws completely close by comfort operation (remote)?

I have the setting enabled on adapation, but it doesnt work.

Sent from my iPhone with typos

This. It'd be nice if I could figure out how to make it work.