GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

1st oil change: 10K or date?

Gray6

Ready to race!
My MFI is telling me I has approximately 5000 more miles for my oil change. But it also says I should bring it in in about 35 days.

What should I do?

Will they even change my oil at that mileage?

I was planning on changing it myself once I hit the 5000 mark.

sawyer4340

Ready to race!
My VW Dealer actually suggested what they called an 'interm' oil change at around 8,000KM or so. So I had my first oil change done at 11,000KM as waiting 15,000KM seems way to long to wait for my first one.

However, they still expect me to return for my regularly scheduled oil change at around 15 or 16,000KM. During this one they will fill out the portion in my owners manual regarding the first scheduled oil change.

jaydubz

FIA World Rally Car Newbie
I just did one at 5500, found a coupon for $15.00 at my local dealer and it came down to like 40 or 45 bucks. At 10,000 they change the oil again and also rotate the tires as part of the package.

Red2011GTI

Go Kart Champion
Do the 2010 not include 3 yr/36k service? My 2011 does and thought the 2010s did too. If so have the dealer do it. Why would you pay out of your own pocket for the filter and the 5 quarts of synthetic oil?

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
Do the 2010 not include 3 yr/36k service? My 2011 does and thought the 2010s did too. If so have the dealer do it. Why would you pay out of your own pocket for the filter and the 5 quarts of synthetic oil?

The 2010 US VW's do cover service.

I believe VW will only cover on-cycle maintenance. Oil changes done between intervals are out of pocket.

My MFI is telling me I has approximately 5000 more miles for my oil change. But it also says I should bring it in in about 35 days.

What should I do?

Will they even change my oil at that mileage?

I was planning on changing it myself once I hit the 5000 mark.

whichever comes first.... date or mileage. In your case, take it in next month.