GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Heads Up: Failing TSI Water Pumps

JhnR

Banned
Two of my latest pumps ending in BB failed.

marylandgti

Passed Driver's Ed
Well add me to the list too. 29k miles hope I get more on the second. Lol I asked for the mk7 as loaner but instead got a basic Jetta. Mend I still like my 6 better than the 7.

hockeystar17mnj

Ready to race!
Mines being replaced as I type. 26K miles on the 2010 gti Cbfa motor...such a shit design if it's failing barely out of the gate.

3ics

Ready to race!
Picking my car up today, had water pump replaced at 54,500 miles. I was getting the low coolant warning light, then noticed spots in my driveway over the past few weeks. Then in the last few days, signs of the leak increased. 4th warranty repair with the car; TOB/clutch, coil pack, manifold, now this...

nvturbo

Go Kart Champion
They leave it running a while to do a pressure check and make sure nothing is leaking

sent via carrier potato

So that process guarantees the pump won't fail again? I highly doubt it.

hockeystar17mnj

Ready to race!
Just got my car back.
Pump part number
06H-121-026-CQ
CBFA motor 2010
26593 Miles

Weird thing Is that the CQ pump is for a CCTA engineengine according to ecs's website

Last edited:

goose1

Ready to race!
So that process guarantees the pump won't fail again? I highly doubt it.
Doesn't guarantee a thing, they just like to take their sweet time. I remember going in for one of my free oil changes and to replace a horn and that took the better part of a day.

Aphix

Go Kart Champion
here was my loaner while the dealership fixed my pump.
Convertible is fun, but man the 2.5 is a dogggggggg
Finally getting my car back today (had it towed to them last Thursday).

Hahaha, nice pose in front of Hooters! :D

nvturbo

Go Kart Champion
Just got my car back.
Pump part number
06H-121-026-CQ
CBFA motor 2010
26593 Miles

Weird thing Is that the CQ pump is for a CCTA engineengine according to ecs's website

That's the same pump I installed. CQ Should be the most up-to-date model/version.

hockeystar17mnj

Ready to race!
That's the same pump I installed. CQ Should be the most up-to-date model/version.

Yea,I spoke to guys at redline speedworx and they told me the BB and CQ are pretty much the same exact pump. Both are interchangeable

JhnR

Banned
VW has agreed to buy back my car under the lemon law. I got everything i put as down payment $17.000 plus all the payments i made up to date MINUS $4500 for the mileage used. 54k.

so i basically had this car for over two years and 53k miles for $4500.

Me 1 VW 0.

Good luck with all your damn pumps.

kram

Ready to race!
VW has agreed to buy back my car under the lemon law. I got everything i put as down payment $17.000 plus all the payments i made up to date MINUS $4500 for the mileage used. 54k.

so i basically had this car for over two years and 53k miles for $4500.

Me 1 VW 0.

Good luck with all your damn pumps.
Wow! Congrats to you man! I just rolled over 54k & still on original wp. I'm paranoid about it, but so far haven't seen any leaks.

What you gonna look at now?

JhnR

Banned
I want to get into a 2015/2016 Golf R, but im torn, since it wont be here till next year sometimes. Not sure what to drive till then.