GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

RSR clutch kit questions/concerns

APRMK6GTi

Go Kart Champion
i'm sure he's gonna let us know how it feels and how it holds after the BRAKE-IN period which is something like 500miles or so

on the other hand, i still LOVE my RSR clutch...dont' know if it;s just me, but the clutch pedal seems to have been softening up a bit (or maybe my left foot just got used to it...lol) and also me thinks that it's not grabbing closer to the floor as it did teh first miles i drove; again could be just be getting used to it

all in all....this clutch is amazing...

perfectly normal, mines went soft after about 100 miles...when it was put in, the catch point was so close to the floor, i stalled it 2 times backing it out from the garage...im using the 500mi break in rule too just to be safe...

Paz'13Gti

Passed Driver's Ed
i'm sure he's gonna let us know how it feels and how it holds after the BRAKE-IN period

Yea but considering its a self- pieced together package I feel initial results are important too, ie: it didn't catastrophically fail... It works...feels like stock...chatter/no chatter...Etc...

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
Interested to know how much the TTS + TDI combination can hold.

i'm sure he's gonna let us know how it feels and how it holds after the BRAKE-IN period which is something like 500miles or so

on the other hand, i still LOVE my RSR clutch...dont' know if it;s just me, but the clutch pedal seems to have been softening up a bit (or maybe my left foot just got used to it...lol) and also me thinks that it's not grabbing closer to the floor as it did teh first miles i drove; again could be just be getting used to it

all in all....this clutch is amazing...

Yeah I thought it was placebo for a while, but then everyone else started saying the exact same thing I was feeling. It takes some time but it definitely softens a bit.

Break in is overrated. A few heat cycles and you are good to go. I don't do any 6k clutch drops or overly aggressive shifting for like 200 miles. Besides that I've always went WOT pretty much immediately after installing the clutch.

I've used this method for like 10 years with no ill effects.

True. I beat on my clutch after a few heat cycles. Had 45k on the old flywheel and it's working great for almost 20k miles

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk

Calkulin

Ready to race!
ahhh finally.. and let there be light! Great stuff Calkulin

oh, the TOB was included with the clutch kit, or no?

I bought the LuK version, which included the TOB and clutch alignment tool

Break in is overrated. A few heat cycles and you are good to go. I don't do any 6k clutch drops or overly aggressive shifting for like 200 miles. Besides that I've always went WOT pretty much immediately after installing the clutch.

I've used this method for like 10 years with no ill effects.

You're right, few heat cycles is really all that is needed. I'll be over 200 miles on my way to work today, so the clutch is pretty much set, I'm just not going to track it for a little bit more

So TTS pp and golf tdi disc: how does it feel/drive/hold?
Yea but considering its a self- pieced together package I feel initial results are important too, ie: it didn't catastrophically fail... It works...feels like stock...chatter/no chatter...Etc...

It feels pretty much like stock, the only thing I noticed was that it grabbed a little lower but that can be attributed to the ECS bleeder block that I installed at the same time. My stock clutch didn't even hold a Stage 1 tune, so right now it's still on the stock tune but I will be going to a Stage 2 tune shortly and if it holds that, I'll be installing my Stage 3 kit that I've had sitting here, which will be the real test for the clutch

Last edited:
VROOM VROOM #becauseracecar...

sub'd.... so all in all, I'm going to guess you're out of pocket expense for clutch and hardware was $700 range?

$400 for kit
$250 for disk
$60 install bolts / hardware?

whitebeastMKV

Ready to race!
Plus shipping and labor time?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

in my case labor was FREE....thx to my dad having his own shop and helping his son out....LOL
of course i did all the hard work, he just kind of gave me pointers what to do...but i like working on my car and didn't mind

only took us close to 5 hours and did not remove the subframe or any of the driveshafts....but did remove BOTH drveshaft flanges though before i drained the tranny fluid....because i was gonna change it anyways with some REDLINE MTL; the shifts are MUCH smoother now and also got rid of some of the transmission whine

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion

also part # 03L141016N -- Look @ engine code descriptions.. CCTA...

Golf/R32/GTI/Rabbit (D / GO): BPY,CBFA,; CCTA
Passat/4Motion (PA): BPY,CCTA
Passat CC (PACC): CAWB,CBFA,; CBAA,CBAB,; CCTA,CCZA,; CCZB; CBAC,CBBB,; CFFA,CFFB,; CFGB
Golf/R32/GTI/Rabbit (D / GO): CBFA,CCTA,; CCZB,CDLC,; CBBB,CJAA,; CDLF
Jetta (MEX / JEM): CCZA,CBFA,; CFHC,CFFB,; CLCB

http://www.oemautopartsplus.com/cat...3l141016n/v/volkswagen-jetta-2012/vid/4543212

Has anyone verified the proper TT-RS Pressure Plate Part number for a TSI CBFA vs. CCTA? Part numbers with "X" are remanufactured?

07K141015BX
http://www.jimellisaudiparts.com/products/Clutch-plate-and-pressure-plate/5421475/07K141015BX.html

03L141016NX
http://www.jimellisaudiparts.com/products/Clutch-plate-and-pressure-plate/5407038/03L141016NX.html

03L141016N ; 03L141016S; 03L141025T
http://www.jimellisaudiparts.com/products/Clutch-plate-and-pressure-plate/5408561/03L141016N.html

Calkulin

Ready to race!
VROOM VROOM #becauseracecar...

sub'd.... so all in all, I'm going to guess you're out of pocket expense for clutch and hardware was $700 range?

$400 for kit
$250 for disk
$60 install bolts / hardware?

Actually, way cheaper than that

Disk - $198.22 shipped
Pressure plate with TOB & alignment tool - $203.77 shipped(could still sell the unused stock disk that came with the kit and get some money back)
6x pressure plate bolts - $5.37 at dealer
3x TOB bolts - $3.29 at dealer

Total for clutch parts = $410.65

I also replaced my tranny fluid, so 3x VW tranny oil - $35.95 at dealer

And the rest was free :thumbup:

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion

Disk - $198.22 shipped
Pressure plate with TOB & alignment tool - $203.77 shipped(could still sell the unused stock disk that came with the kit and get some money back)

Part number or link to the Pressure Plate and PP bolts???

Calkulin

Ready to race!

The correct one is the 07K 141 015 B/X and yes the ones that end in X are remanufactured

EDIT: Just looked at the others and 03L 141 016 N/X & 022 141 015 S/X are the same pressure plate I have, just include different disk

Part number or link to the Pressure Plate and PP bolts???

I posted it in the previous page, it's 06F 141 015 C/X and the PP bolts are N 90320701 & TOB bolts are N 90847002

Last edited:

brobst

Go Kart Champion
The correct one is the 07K 141 015 B/X and yes the ones that end in X are remanufactured

I posted it in the previous page, it's 06F 141 015 C/X and the PP bolts are N 90320701 & TOB bolts are N 90847002

Is there a way we can get a post with all the numbers part numbers and links in one post?

Thanks for this information for people like me with shallow pockets lol.

Disk - $198.22 shipped

vey nice

is your dealer David Maus VW in orlando? Good pricing for the bolts, surprised they had them in stock?

Those wholesale account prices you posted, or from a distributor/retailer?

I was looking to do the same as you using the parts I sourced online -- same P/N pressure plate I found on jimellis... but I didnt have time for any margin of error or alot of shop time, so just bit down and paid for the known good and tested RSR clutch kit. Glad you were successful

I mean, makes sense. these are ALL OEM parts and includes our engine codes as supported installs, same bolt pattern, etc.

Love to know the LuK Pressure plate torque specs per manufacture

Calkulin

Ready to race!
Is there a way we can get a post with all the numbers part numbers and links in one post?

Thanks for this information for people like me with shallow pockets lol.

I'm going to create a thread soon that contains all that info, I just wanna test the clutch more before I post it

vey nice

is your dealer David Maus VW in orlando? Good pricing for the bolts, surprised they had them in stock?

Those wholesale account prices you posted, or from a distributor/retailer?

I was looking to do the same as you using the parts I sourced online -- same P/N pressure plate I found on jimellis... but I didnt have time for any margin of error or alot of shop time, so just bit down and paid for the known good and tested RSR clutch kit. Glad you were successful

I mean, makes sense. these are ALL OEM parts and includes our engine codes as supported installs, same bolt pattern, etc.

Love to know the LuK Pressure plate torque specs per manufacture

The bolts I bought at David Maus(they had to get it from the Jacksonville warehouse) but the tranny oil I bought from Napleton's as they were cheaper by a few dollars a bottle. Napleton was ridiculous for bolt pricing tho, they wanted $2.24 per bolt compared to $.84, even ECS was more, at $.99. Both the disk and pressure plates were bought from online stores, no special discounts or wholesale pricing and both I had shipped with 2 day shipping.

marylandgti

Passed Driver's Ed
Excllent thread, been lucky with the summer weather that stage 2 is holding for now so been able to hold off on a clutch. Keep us posted please