GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Big Turbo Discussion Thread #2

ryanbmk6

Ready to race!
i won't say it's a great write up but i posted my chronicles in this thread.

http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71556

pulling it is pretty simple. you'll have to pull the trans anyway so i recommend pulling out everything together rather than trying to take the trans off first. also this pdf is helpful if you don't have it already.

http://www.vaglinks.com/Docs/VW/Misc/VW.COM_2.0L_TSI_Turbo_SSP_824803.pdf

Lovely! I'll read through your thread tonight. Nice PDF too! I'm going to have the engine professionally rebuild too to bottom. But that will definitely help tearing it down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kern417

Go Kart Champion
np. i have a mk5 bentley manual as well but it's pretty worthless for our engine. we ended up using that and a friend of a friend that had dealer ETKA software when we had questions. but i'm a noob and did rings and a head refresh this winter so i'd say anyone can do it. you just have to pay attention ad keep everything organized.

ryanbmk6

Ready to race!
np. i have a mk5 bentley manual as well but it's pretty worthless for our engine. we ended up using that and a friend of a friend that had dealer ETKA software when we had questions. but i'm a noob and did rings and a head refresh this winter so i'd say anyone can do it. you just have to pay attention ad keep everything organized.

Awesome. I won't be doing the engine assembly sense it needs a full rebuild. But I'll be sure to keep you guys updated.

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
Bought a spare rear subframe and suspension arms on the cheap and had it powdered coated and installed all poly bushings. If anyone wants to do the same HS Tuning has my old rear subframe/arms. Otherwise, it's just going to get tossed since I have nowhere to store it.

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion
Cadubya, if nobody buys it have Jeff save it for me and I'll grab it off him next time I'm up there. I wouldn't mind doing the same thing. Yours looks awesome!

Also, totally off topic, but I thought was pretty cool. I was changing the oil on my wife's Q5 last night and had to break out vagcom to reset the service reminder and started messing around in measuring blocks. It's a gen 2 TSI, so the valvelift E85 capable motor with the same manifold and fuel rail as the allroad. Being able to see alcohol content was pretty freaking cool!

wndwsdwngti860

Upsidedown
TOP MOUNT UPDATE:

Getting ready to start her up. tomorrow possibly! BUT need one more vac line hooked up. Waiting on the scilicone vac nipple adapter from atp but is this necessary for everything to run correctly or will i get a shit idle? its usually supposed to route back into the intake side of the turbo. the small vac line coming off the check valve is how i had it running on my old setup.

wndwsdwngti860

Upsidedown
That's evap return while not in engine vacuum. You can cap the intake side to test, don't cap after the CV but I wouldn't drive it with that line under hood since it will be fuel vapor

yeaaa. thats what i figured. looks like ill wait until next week. lol. came this far and waited this long so whats a few extra days?!

ryanbmk6

Ready to race!

Last night the project officially started. An over whelming task to say the least. I've done motor swaps on 240s but that was nothing compared to this. So much stuff in this engine bay lol. I'm gunna start a thread and try to criminal pulling the motor, and this while build, because I couldn't find much info on pulling the motor. Help the next guy out. But yeah hopefully I can get this thing back together one day lol.

U-20T

Go Kart Champion
To me the harness that makes it a pain so puting all vacuum lines on quick disconnects and harness will be 2x milspec connectors to the body. Starter and the alternator won't be quick disconnect unless I can fine an affordable 6ga connector.

Also for your write up no need to pull the intake manifold and you can leave the a/c all connected just move it to the side

Chris659

Ready to race!
Stinger electronics makes a quick disconnect for 4 and 8 gauge that's really nice. We use them for our stereo power supplies. Not sure if this will help or not...