GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stratified Flash Tunes Released for the MK6 GTI

jeez

Ready to race!
Maybe it has something to do with your torque curve. My dsg started to act like a pile of shit when I had a flash tune from stratified on stock turbo. I now have a k04 and I told my tuner to bring torque on gradually instead of full on at like 2.5k rpms and it’s been smooth as butter.

That’s just my experience. I think my dsg was just picking up weird habits from having torque come on so fast and so brutal.

I do not have a dsg tune btw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's actually a good point, never thought of it like that. I thought that the K04 TCU tune would account for that but I suppose my custom tune + HPA turbo delivers torque differently vs APR's (HPA does claim more torque down low).

But would this affect downshifting too when no throttle is applied?

ksandman

Ready to race!
That's actually a good point, never thought of it like that. I thought that the K04 TCU tune would account for that but I suppose my custom tune + HPA turbo delivers torque differently vs APR's (HPA does claim more torque down low).

But would this affect downshifting too when no throttle is applied?

The only thing I can think of is that when your engine and transmission are communicating on a downshift they’re not in sync with each other. Your trans is expecting less torque but the engine is ready to provide more and maybe that’s causing a hiccup. I had strange down shift problems from time to time to on my strat k03 tune as well, but my trans and motor mount were toast, but I can only assume that was part of the problem, not the entire problem.

I upgraded all of my mounts when going k04 and like I said had my tuner tune the car to have a linear powerband to lengthen engine and trans life and all of my worries about my dsg exploding or my mechatronic unit being bad have subsided. I really thought my trans was toast for awhile on my strat flash tune.

I think some tunes out there have torque coming on way too abrupt and I don’t think the stock dsg likes / can handle it unless you have upgraded clutchpacks.

I miss the thrill of blowing off tires like it was nothing but spinning ain’t winning and torque breaks shit! I just launched my car for the first time last night and I actually had good traction and moved rather quick instead of sitting there roasting my tires.

If you haven’t upgraded your mounts I would start there but for what it’s worth I think you could also look into a retune and have your powerband adjusted to something more linear instead of peaky and punchy down low to see if that solves your issue.

It’s times like these where I realize the manual is superior to the dsg. Upgrade clutch; boom done; give it hell with all the torque!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BudgetPhoenix

Autocross Champion
so i looked at my acessport and my stft max was 1.25, I remember seeing somthing about stft's being important and they should be between .85 and 1.15, anyone know whats wrong with my car lol

I wouldn't sweat it. I think +/-10 is actually within spec. I like to see mine +/-5

OhioMK6

Ready to race!
so i looked at my acessport and my stft max was 1.25, I remember seeing somthing about stft's being important and they should be between .85 and 1.15, anyone know whats wrong with my car lol

I'm currently in the middle of a K04 Protune and my STFT are hitting 1.25. It appears I'm running out of fueling during long, hard, full gear pulls.

I've already replaced the fuel filter. Now it's time to look into the LPFP, HPFP or perhaps injectors. Anyone have any thoughts or experienced this before and found a solution?

tdream1

Autocross Newbie
I'm currently in the middle of a K04 Protune and my STFT are hitting 1.25. It appears I'm running out of fueling during long, hard, full gear pulls.

I've already replaced the fuel filter. Now it's time to look into the LPFP, HPFP or perhaps injectors. Anyone have any thoughts or experienced this before and found a solution?

Just did my first set of logs for my K04 Protune this morning and my STFT went up to 1.25 at 6400 during the 2500 - 6700 RPM pull.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie

hmm thats weird that your running out of fueling on a k04.

Ive only ever seen people need fueling because they were trying to run high Ethanol (like true E-85) or on big turbo (stage 3+) applications.

UberFast

Ready to race!
I'm k04 protuned by stratified as well and have the same issue without a remedy. Alex worked with me trying to fix it but ended up just letting it be I guess, we just didn't push it any harder. I replaced everything in the fuel system except for the HPFP and i still hit 1.25 STFT. Checked for boost and exhaust leaks multiple times, cleaned valves, replaced o2 sensors, all of that. I don't know what's wrong. I'm actually about to go do some datalogging and start a thread on them to try and get some help from others. I've also acquired a nasty misfire at higher rpm's in 5th and 6th gear. One thing after another lol.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Along with the STFT figures, Ive also noticed a weird increased rev hang. I tried messaging stratified but no response for like 2 weeks.

Check out this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKoYn3jehmA&list=UUqhd6nuYgooyPHeYt-Ra1dg
I get that rev hang as well. It seems to come and go for me. I'm not stratified though. I'm gonna change out my pcv soon for peace of mind and I heard that can cause the rev hang so hopefully it fixes it.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Noodle1

Ready to race!
I get that rev hang as well. It seems to come and go for me. I'm not stratified though. I'm gonna change out my pcv soon for peace of mind and I heard that can cause the rev hang so hopefully it fixes it.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

I thought it might be my pcv but I did the oil cap test and it seemed alright. I do see an oil leak by my pcv though so that might be the culprit, not sure yet.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
I thought it might be my pcv but I did the oil cap test and it seemed alright. I do see an oil leak by my pcv though so that might be the culprit, not sure yet.
when in doubt change it lol. I want to change mine just for peace of mind and i need a new rear hose into the intake as mine has been taken off so many times that it leaks a little bit of bypass oil from the hose and makes it all messy by the time im about to do another oil change.

I may just get a catch can and remove it completely.

smanierre

Autocross Champion
APR ALWAYS BEATS STRATIFIED

I have no experience from either yet but it seems from most comments in this thread the opposite is true.