GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Red ring of lights around tach and speedometer in dash

egrunt

Passed Driver's Ed
So my wife sends me a image (see attachment) on her way to work this morning. She is concerned with the red ring of lights circling her tachometer and speedometer gauge. The GTI is a 2012 Autobahn and it has the stage 1 APR installed but has been deactivated for several months at the request of my wife. She is the primary driver of the GTI.

I searched on the internet and on the forum and have not found any concern or mention of the red lights. With that being said I have seen picture for the MKVI with and without the red ring of lights around the tach and speedometer gauges. I did activate the APR yesterday and I am thinking the red ring of lights may have something to do with the aforementioned lights.

Just looking for some input from the experts.

Attachments

• GTI red.jpg
    GTI red.jpg
    253.4 KB · Views: 388

SpikeyNachos

Not an expert[emoji3] but the "red rings" are normal to me. My car is the same way.

I'm curious why she doesn't want the tune activated?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crusader10143

Passed Driver's Ed
I believe that's how they come factory, I have a 2012 as well and mine has the red ring around those too. I'm also stock no tune.

egrunt

Passed Driver's Ed
"I'm curious why she doesn't want the tune activated?"

When the car went into the shop for a cruise control issue I deactivated the tune and placed it in the stock setting. When we picked up the GTI she asked me to leave it off to see if her fuel consumption would change.

Phur

Autocross Champion
If I’m not mistaken, having a tune will actually improve your fuel efficiency.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Yes tubing helps.

I have the red ring too. I love it

Gti For Me

Go Kart Champion
2011 has them

sneedfeed

Passed Driver's Ed
I got a 2013 and I have the red rings

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
The dreaded ring red of death.

sneedfeed

Passed Driver's Ed
lol that killed my first xbox 360

damagi123

Go Kart Champion
wrap the car in a towel and leave it on for 30 mins the heat will melt the solder on the motherboard and should fix it temporarily