GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChiChat17: Boosted Learns How To Cook

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
I meaaan... its like your car to use right?

I asked... they said, "ahhhhh yeah, we'd rather you just bring it back here."

What kind of loaner is it?

2018 Panamera 4 e-Hybrid
AWD, 462hp, has Sport Chrono (better faster shifting mode + launch control) and PASM (their adaptive suspension) + the rear wheel steering so it handles pretty good for a big car.

If I didn't need to tow anything ever, I'd probably daily one of these instead. Tho not the Hybrid... I'd look for an "S" in wagon (Sport Turismo) form instead.

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
I asked... they said, "ahhhhh yeah, we'd rather you just bring it back here."

2018 Panamera 4 e-Hybrid

AWD, 462hp, has Sport Chrono (better faster shifting mode + launch control) and PASM (their adaptive suspension) + the rear wheel steering so it handles pretty good for a big car.

If I didn't need to tow anything ever, I'd probably daily one of these instead. Tho not the Hybrid... I'd look for an "S" in wagon (Sport Turismo) form instead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
Not bad. Didn't think they put that much power in those things.

Ya the "base" Panamera 4 is 330hp. I had one of those last week. Plenty quick enough to be a ball to drive.

The e-Hybrid is the next "step up" in their line, technically makes more HP than the "S" model. Thing rips, I'll say that. I just hate that I'm constantly staring at that stupid battery monitor.... and unless you flip it to "Sport" mode, the engine is constantly shutting off trying to get you to use just the electric motor.

The "S" is 440hp and I think is quicker than the Hybrid because of weight.

The Turbo is a monster at 550hp, and the Turbo Hybrid is 680 lol.

Those cars just look so damn goofy though.

The new ones look way better than the old.

I had one of the previous gen Pana's for a loaner for almost 2 weeks one time. Ugly as sin (hot damn those things are ugly) but the interior is killer and they drive sublimely. I didn't want to give it back.

The new ones tho... especially in wagon form? IMO so hot.

Literally drive like a 911. Very "sports car" feel. Tight, direct, responsive.

EJBGTIVI

Autocross Champion
Not bad. Didn't think they put that much power in those things. Those cars just look so damn goofy though.

LOL, I agree, Im sure its a nice car but its ugly - not as bad as those BMW X6 though :barf:

dustbunny227

Autocross Champion
LOL, I agree, Im sure its a nice car but its ugly - not as bad as those BMW X6 though :barf:

I do not like the Panamera body style at all, same goes for the Ferarri FF. But I love the way the X6M looks. Makes me think of a tank with tires instead of tracks.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
I dont consider panameras real porsches . Real porsches have 2 doors, are lightweight and arent loaned out to customers as courtesy cars.

That being said, id probably choose PDK over Manual on newer porsches if i had the chance to buy one.

Shots fired, grab your popcorn its gonna be a bumpy ride.

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
I dont consider panameras real porsches . Real porsches have 2 doors, are lightweight and arent loaned out to customers as courtesy cars.

That being said, id probably choose PDK over Manual on newer porsches if i had the chance to buy one.

Shots fired, grab your popcorn its gonna be a bumpy ride.

Have you driven a panamera? Or even a Macan? They both follow the Porsche philosophy of excellent dynamics and great handling. They are the class leaders for their segments.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
Have you driven a panamera? Or even a Macan? They both follow the Porsche philosophy of excellent dynamics and great handling. They are the class leaders for their segments.

No. I dont want to like them. :lol:

Its like tesla, im not ready for it.

lol @ real porsche comment

I know you have a hard time accepting other peoples opinions, so i will ignore calling me a troll.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
:drool:
NA Flat 6 , 415 hp.
7600 redline....6 speed manual gearbox.

Panameras are into the +4000 weight range, this beauty^ weighs in at 3000.

NSFW gifs below

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.