GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

TDI in the USA title says GTD?

I guess I should have posted this here? I bought a TDI in the USA to be exact in TX, when the dealer registered the car, in the title it shows up as GTD.
I know in Germany we have a GTD version that comes with 170HP but in the USA its only 140hp.
Whats the deal? I asked the dealer and was told thats how it is registered here in the USA.
Anyone else notice?
Thanks.

path

Ready to race!
the GTD is not for sale in the US. Your dealer is wrong. it should register as a TDI or a Golf...depending on how your state classifies the vehicle. mine is a Golf.

definitely NOT a GTD. The US spec TDI is most closely a GT TDI in Europe.

if it shows up, and is a GTD...i will buy it from you...

path

Ready to race!
i would contact the motor vehicle department and explain the problem to them. my thoughts are that sometime in the future, when you try to sell the car, the paperwork will not match the vehicle, and you may turn off some buyers. Also, you may be subject to higher insurance rates if the company you deal with also sells insurance internationally and knows what a GTD is.

demonrabbit

Ready to race!
i would contact the motor vehicle department and explain the problem to them. my thoughts are that sometime in the future, when you try to sell the car, the paperwork will not match the vehicle, and you may turn off some buyers. Also, you may be subject to higher insurance rates if the company you deal with also sells insurance internationally and knows what a GTD is.

agree with this guy would sort this out i work at a dealer ship and have never seen this happen

Verdomix

I know this is sooo late, like 2.5 years late. But I got a speeding ticket in TX and my TDI is also registered as a GTD. and No its not the same car since I have a 2012 that I bought new from the dealer at around October 2011.

I tried to do some research about it but the ONLY thing that came up was this page...

BTW I got my car from Hewlett VW in Round Rock TX.

Flyfishsick

Passed Driver's Ed
There all listed like that. I got a 2013 TDI Golf in November and on the title and registration it's listed as a GTD. I'm in New Jersey.