GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Depo R Tail Lights - Help

MarcSG

Ready to race!
Hey all I bought the Depo R Smoked Tail Lights for €202 delivered pretty decent value compared to the OEM ones and happy enough with fitment and there working fine just have to see how they hold up... :)

Anyways my problem is when I turn on fog light my reverse light comes on in white and when I put on reverse light it comes on red which is the opposite to what it was and suppose to be? Is there any coding that can reverse this? Also the right hand side the white/clear bulb can be replaced to a red one but the left side inner tail light is fixed with leds and the bulb can't be swapped? Will i just have to deal with having a red led reverse light? Will this pass a car test?

Eat_My_Shorts

Ready to race!
Its not a code issue, the lights are working fine, your issue is you have white bulbs in your rear fog and red in your reverse lights.

As for car test, I dont know if it will pass, I know in the UK I passed without any reverse lights. Not sure what happens with red reverse lights.

MarcSG

Ready to race!
I wonder is there a way I can change it with coding so when I turn on fog the reverse light comes on and when I enter reverse the fog light comes on? Or I could change the wiring of the car to suit?

Vwfreak1

Go Kart Champion
You ordered LHD tail lights, check and see if it's a bulb on both side, if not the other option is to swap the inner tail lights with the correct ones, contact your seller to see if you can exchange them for RHD

MarcSG

Ready to race!
They said they are sending me out instructions in the next day? There is a bulb only on one side, so I can change the clear one to a red blue which will sort the fog light but my reverse light will still be red leds on the left side off car....

Vwfreak1

Go Kart Champion
k so you have LED's for the rear fog... You will need new inner tail lights, the LED's will be a bitch to change from one side to another, check with them if they have some made for RHD.