GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

It's 100% confirmed...... VW GOLF R Coming to US!!

chinqutie

Go Kart Champion
good thing i haven't spent a lot on mods and have kept mine in oem specs. i'm definitely goin to save up for this one...MT FTW! :happyanim:

goorpy

I still can't believe DSG won't even be an option.

They've crushed my dreams of buying this vehicle. I could learn to drive manual better, but it's not what I wanted. I could settle for a GTI, but it doesn't have AWD. It's just... less than I wanted.

I'm not angry, because I understand VW had to make some concessions to be able to bring it here at all. But it's such a major component to restrict, and a personal choice. I am sad. They've essentially decided not to sell to anyone who isn't a stick driver.

I'm just disappointed that I can't even fantasize about buying one anymore. I had more to look forward to yesterday when the car was unannounced. I'm going to be stuck in my weak ass Jetta forever.

:(

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie

They've crushed my dreams of buying this vehicle. I could learn to drive manual better, but it's not what I wanted. I could settle for a GTI, but it doesn't have AWD. It's just... less than I wanted.

I'm not angry, because I understand VW had to make some concessions to be able to bring it here at all. But it's such a major component to restrict, and a personal choice. I am sad. They've essentially decided not to sell to anyone who isn't a stick driver.

I'm just disappointed that I can't even fantasize about buying one anymore. I had more to look forward to yesterday when the car was unannounced. I'm going to be stuck in my weak ass Jetta forever.

Damn dude, maybe get an R32 then with DSG?

New article on Motor Trend posted just a few hours ago. Looks like it's coming manual transmission only :)

R is Go: Volkswagen Golf R Coming to America in 2012

Thanks, but the MT issue was confirmed on VWvortex about 12hours ago.

chapusin1

Go Kart Champion
I'm getting tired of this. When it wasn't official, everybody was saying dsg sucks, i hope they bring it in manual, now that they'll bring it in manual, everybody is saying the opposite. really wtf? you don't know manual? learn it, why do you want an automatic R? where's the fun in that?

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
I'm getting tired of this. When it wasn't official, everybody was saying dsg sucks, i hope they bring it in manual, now that they'll bring it in manual, everybody is saying the opposite. really wtf? you don't know manual? learn it, why do you want an automatic R? where's the fun in that?

Agreed. And all the DSG guys got it last time around, lol...

Honestly, it's funny, because you just hear the same few things:

1. I don't want to shift in traffic (ok, I get this one)
2. It's faster (by .5 seconds or whatever)
3. F1 uses it (I love F1, but... ok, so?!?)
4. It is "technology" and is faster (again)

Yet, I'd imagine 95% of these people don't track their car, so why does it matter? It's all preference, but I'm sick of the DSG crowd getting so ridiculous about it. Not that the MT guys haven't either, but jeez, its crazy...

I think a lot of the hardcore /jump down your throat DSG guys either don't know how/can't drive manual, or just think that because it is "faster" it is better.

goorpy

Yet, I'd imagine 95% of these people don't track their car, so why does it matter? It's all preference, but I'm sick of the DSG crowd getting so ridiculous about it. Not that the MT guys haven't either, but jeez, its crazy...

I think a lot of the hardcore /jump down your throat DSG guys either don't know how/can't drive manual, or just think that because it is "faster" it is better.

Not looking to jump down anyone's throat about which is "better" -- there are good drivers using both. And there are even more terrible drivers using both. I don't want them making the decision for either of us. I just want an option.

I want DSG because a) it's more efficient and b), the big one, I'm lazy. It's easier. There, I said it. The rest is icing on the cake. I like crossing my left leg under my right when I drive. Or resting my elbow on my left knee. I like eating my breakfast and drinking with my right hand.

I'm sure I could drive stick daily, I just don't want to. It's worth a couple/few grand to me to have a hand and foot free during my hour+ commuting time each day.

Volkswagging

Don't Hate, Inseminate

Just as a note, I have a DSG and like it a lot (I have an 09 which is my first car), but I wish I knew how to drive manual and honestly wish I had a manual car. So I'm actually really glad the R will be manual here. Just saying this so people know that not all DSG guys are hardcore anti-manual.

maximum61

Passed Driver's Ed

F1 DOES NOT use Dual clutch transmissions.
:lol:

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Sad, no DSG. Fuck, I'd pay more for it! Still nice car tho.

Wild Hare

DEFINITELY jumping all over this! Now, lets hope I can somehow manage a nice trade in for my 2010...
Trade? You are foolish. Best bet for YOUR MONEY is to sell it outright!

Wild Hare

Hey, the Audi TTS has the same set up and DSG!

Wild Hare

You come to Seattle and drive in bumper-to-bumper traffic on our hills down town in the rain. Then we will hear your ass squeeking for a DSG!

Driven manual all my driving days (1976... to now) and fell in love with the DSG. And it's not a matter of faster... it's a matter of having the best of both worlds.