GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

It's 100% confirmed...... VW GOLF R Coming to US!!

hpowders

Ready to race!
Too bad MT only. Looks like I will be getting a 135i DCT instead; 0-60, 4.8.

Sorry, VW. You screwed up again.

Downer. :laugh:

Q822

Ready to race!
make me laugh....I don,t a have a target with this comment but some guys here will understand :

"Please VW bring a Golf R I will buy it, NA never have good stuff"
then :
" No, DSG fuck it I will buy something else"
I am a DSG fan but for this kind of car : 4 motion, 4cyl Turbo with 320 hp (stage 1) holly s... I don't care if It's MT I will buy it...

BigRobSA

Ready to race!
Yeah, I don't see how having a stick (the only way to truly drive a performance vehicle) is such a non-starter.

And, as someone who grew up in San Antonio driving there, Houston, Dallas and has driven stick in a LOT of traffic, the "I don't want to drive in traffic with a stick" is about as weak of an argument as you can get. You might as well just say "my vajayjay hurts!". ;)

goorpy

Have you looked at the A3 quattro? It sounds perfect for you. Same AWD system and only sold with the S tronic you want.

It's got those, but it doesn't look nearly as good as the R. Plus it costs a bit more, around 43k when I quickly configured one on audi.ca, and still has less power at that price.

The R was great because it offered everything awesome in a fantastic looking body, and at an excellent price (we hope).

Stuff that offer that kind of power either costs way more, or comes in uglier shells.

I know I'm nitpicking, but that's the way I think you should be when picking the car you want.

hpowders

Ready to race!
It's a non-starter if you don't drive stick. :(

I never learned. Stupid! Stupid! Stupid! :iono:

BigRobSA

Ready to race!
Yeah, we weren't born with the knowledge, it was learned.

If you can turn the key you can drive a stick.

spessx

Ready to race!
Wasn't the thing that everyone griped about with the Mk5 R32 was that it only came with DSG and that true purists wanted a 6spd? I can see VW getting very confused here.

I'd love to see a shootout between a Golf R and a Stage 1 or 2 GTI. I wonder how closed they'd be in terms of performance. The Golf R offers more power and traction while the GTI offers a 300+ lb weight advantage.

It'd be an interesting matchup.

-s

turbor850

Ready to race!
Wasn't the thing that everyone griped about with the Mk5 R32 was that it only came with DSG and that true purists wanted a 6spd? I can see VW getting very confused here.

I'd love to see a shootout between a Golf R and a Stage 1 or 2 GTI. I wonder how closed they'd be in terms of performance. The Golf R offers more power and traction while the GTI offers a 300+ lb weight advantage.

-s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tdcKS1NCTc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIPGfis_e94

Looks like the Golf R slowly takes the advantage . . . damn non DSG :mad0259:

turbor850

Ready to race!
Yeah, I don't see how having a stick (the only way to truly drive a performance vehicle) is such a non-starter.

And in the only REAL way to drive a car in the first place...manual!

you don't know manual? learn it, why do you want an automatic R? where's the fun in that?

no, you're just forcing half the market to grow some balls!

While you all seem that manual is a real mans car and we need balls, thats great, here is my balls -

So while your all saying DSG is for a real man, I say your all women since you don't have a real muscle car, and you should grow some balls :lol::lol::lol:

And DSG is nice for a daily driver, which is all I need, I don't need another manual in a tiny 4 cylinder car ;)

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.

-s
I'd be curious to see a K04'd (with S3 injectors and a HPFP) 2.0t GTI give the "R" a run for its money.:fighting0030: