GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Darrenrob's G6 GTI

darrenrob

Hi, been browsing this forum for quite some time and decided I should make a thread to keep track of what I've done. All input and comments will be welcome.

About me: I'm from South Africa, Cape Town to be exact. Drove a Golf MK5 1.9tdi previously and a couple of other Jap cars before, that I won't mention here.

The Golf 6 GTI in South Africa differs slightly to that of the States but mostly in regards to cosmetics such as front splitter and colour matching side markers.

I hope you enjoy the thread and looking forward to learning from the wealth of information on this forum.

My car factory specs:
Candy White Golf 6 GTI, 2010, Manual, Sunroof, 18" OEM Rims, RCD-510.

Additional mods/tweaks:
- gloss black vinyl wrapped mirror caps, front badge, front splitter, wheels (since removed).
- front fog lights changed to Phillips ultra white bulbs
- stage 1 STO software

Still to do:
- 76mm (3 inch) downpipe
- Air intake
- Load stage 2 software
- Gloss black roof wrap (had it on but removed due to scratch, getting one done soon again)
- Painted gloss black side skirts and rear diffuser. (Very soon)
- Cat-back

The day I got her:

Then I did a little cosmetic mods, wrapped the mirror caps, front splitter and front badge in gloss black as well as the wheels, excuse the dirty car:

The had some software loaded on the car by a local tuning company called Evolution Performance/STO Tuning:

Last edited:

darrenrob

Some pics from a small breakfast run earlier in the year with some mates and fellow 6 GTI owners. I was stock at this stage and their cars were Stage 2 APR's and one K04 APR: