GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Now that we know the R is coming, will you buy?

Since the Golf R announcement, have you thought about keeping the GTI?

• Yes (the GTI is just that good)

Votes: 28 23.1%
  • Yes (believe R price will be too high)

Votes: 32 26.4%
  • Maybe I'll keep the GTI (gotta drive an R to decide)

Votes: 35 28.9%
  • No way, I'm gettin the Golf R!

Votes: 26 21.5%

• Total voters

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
IDK about your area but in Seattle small cars are very popular and once inside, the GTI is pretty luxurious. All in all, a pretty conservative ride that I've never heard compared to a high school kid hatchback.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
If I didn't have the Autobahn seats, I think that would be the opposite, but yes, I agree, most compliment the interior and the quality of the seats. If I had the plaids, that wouldnt be the case.

Out in Chi, its all SUV's or luxo cars, sports cars, subies, vw too!, etc. But the GTI , even in 4 door form, is definitely a "smaller" car.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
LOL, true. But I keep it clean, not boy racer that the MR screams.

While your car is modded "cleanly", its still comes off a lot more... "different" than you may think, with regard to the business client's concern, imho. The drop, the rims, the tint, etc. I'm just saying! :)

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
While your car is modded "cleanly", its still comes off a lot more... "different" than you may think, with regard to the business client's concern, imho. The drop, the rims, the tint, etc. I'm just saying! :)

Agreed to an extent. Its a vast departure from my last car that rode on coils, aftermarket seats, exhaust, header. The GTI is smooth and quiet.

I can't quit over night man, modding is addictive! :eek:

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Agreed to an extent. Its a vast departure from my last car that rode on coils, aftermarket seats, exhaust, header. The GTI is smooth and quiet.

Oh no, I know the feeling brotha! My STI scared some of my workers/bosses, etc, so I hear ya. The GTI is much smoother in comparison. :thumbsup:

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie

Oh no, I know the feeling brotha! My STI scared some of my workers/bosses, etc, so I hear ya. The GTI is much smoother in comparison. :thumbsup:

TDI110

O_o
I'll be buying a Golf R 100%, and I will give the TDI to my wife when I do. But that'll be in 2 yrs from now.

Justright

I'm definitely going to be test driving the R and seeing the difference, which may be a selling point.

I really like the looks of the tailpipes on the R. Will just have to figure out how to justify the price (And loss on the GTI!).

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
That new EVO body style sux big huge balls! The stylist was F-ing drunk.
The previous body was KILLER without the Kid Racer rear wing.
A friend had a Vishnu EVO with every mod and it was one bad ass car. The suspension was way too stiff as daily driver... but it would kill any car around here.

I'll be headed to the K04 Massive HP side of the fence. The Big Bucks are saved up... and BTW I was ready to pay cash for the "DSG" Golf R!

denisGTI

Ready to race!
Most likelly not.

If I get bored with my GTI and decide to go for a more expensive car, it will most likely be a bimmer.

D.

Oh hell ya!

Yep yep, i am getting one asap. 2 door, no sunroof, will eventually get the near 400hp APR kit and have some fun!!!