GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

do any of you stage 2 guys have issues with passing emissions?

pdan

Ready to race!
It’s on the back burner for me...technically still registered at my parents address in PA and they have yearly inspections, however I’ve lived in 3 different states in the past year. Technically I’m past due but thanks to a nice loophole I have 30 days upon entering the state to get it inspected. No plans for that, I’m waiting till I move to Florida to reregister with no inspections. But there’s a lot of things you can do. Guarantee pass would be to swap downpipes and tune back to stock. Apart from that, people will say a whole variety of things. I ran stock ecu with a downpipe and avoided a CEL with a spacer. But I avoided WOT, that would trigger one. Good luck, and VAG COM would be a worthwhile investment if only for emissions headaches

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cchase__

Ready to race!
Nope I posted in the What did you do to your MK6 today?

Get an 02 Spacerhttps://www.ebay.com/itm/280979349411

Placed it after the cat on CCTA. I didn't use the extension that came with it just the 90 bend. Face it towards the front of the car opposite the flow. Make sure its real tight because you can get check engine lights even on stage 2 (Like I was getting). I drove around for little bit after install staying under 2000RPM. You'll know it's working when the check engine light comes stating that it's expecting to read rich but not. I checked readiness on the cobb access port until the 02 sensor said ready. Make sure you're on at least half a tank of gas because when you take the cap off it sets the EVAP system to not ready. I failed the first time because I just recently got gas. My catalyst was reading as ready which was unexpected because its a 200 cell.

whitewolf33

Go Kart Champion
I have revo stage 2 with an arm catted dp and stock catback. Passed inspection in NY with no spacer. Car is CCTA

atikovi

Ready to race!
As long as no CEL and the required number of emissions monitors are completed, it should pass. If they also do a visual check, it depends on what they look for.

BudgetPhoenix

Autocross Champion
Totally dependent on your local emissions laws. In California you will fail if any of the emissions monitors are disabled like with many stage 2 files and also they do a visual inspection so they will insta fail you for an aftermarket downpipe. There is no CARB approved downpipes so anything other than stock will fail if they do the inspection correctly.

Yakuzi

Ready to race!
Stage 2 in socal here. I got raped by chp earlier in the year for bypassing emissions.

DallasDub94

Go Kart Newbie
Stratified stage 2 here. Passed fine here in TX. I have a couple DTCs coded out due to runner flap delete. As long as you have a catted DP you should be fine. I'm ccta though, not as touchy as cbfa.

slowgti08

Ready to race!
To keep it short easiest and safest bet is put the stock DP on and flash back to stock or stage 1. You can flash back to stock and keep the modified DP and put a spacer and hope the cel doesn’t come back.

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
To keep it short easiest and safest bet is put the stock DP on and flash back to stock or stage 1. You can flash back to stock and keep the modified DP and put a spacer and hope the cel doesn’t come back.

Unless you go to an inspection station with cameras under the car such as Lodi, Nj. They take a photo under the car and compare it to the OEM spec on their monitors...

Last edited:

markus037

Ready to race!
well im a certified PA emissions inspector. I was just wondering if it would still set the monitors or just say "not ready"

we are allowed to have one monitor not set in order to pass on vehicles 2001 and up. I was wondering if I got a catted downpipe and stage 2 tune, if I would have an issue with monitors being set.

markus037

Ready to race!
Unless you go to an inspection station with cameras under the car such as Lodi, Nj. They take a photo under the car and compare it to the OEM spec on their monitors...

wow, thats crazy. we get some cars in from NJ every now and then and theyre hammered. worn out brakes and tires, tierods falling off etc.. but god forbid the stock cat isnt there