GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

PhthaloType

Go Kart Champion
I had a 1990 Baby Blue Celica! Flip up heads FTW! lol

Was my first car that I paid for with my hard earned Sears paychecks, lol. Guy sold it to me with 208,000 miles on it for $1,100 and I didn't think that was an issue since it looked awesome, lol.

I got it to 220,000 miles before selling it to a friend for $300 bucks. He drove it to 235,000 miles before giving it away to another friend for free. That friend fixed it up and drove it to 260,000. He then fixed it up some more and gave it away to his niece that just got her driver's license. Status, unknown, lol. :thumbup:

I had a '91! A red GT.

Lazer 100

Ready to race!
I gave Gustav (I name my cars) a big old hug. We clinched the Regional novice class solo championship on Sunday. Couldn’t have been done if Gustav weren’t so awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
Hmm. Interesting coincidence considering this is the first time I have seen his ride. His car looks a bit lower to the ground and windows appear tinted, 2 things I would like to get done before it gets too far into the cool season.

I was kidding, but yeah he's on HPA SHS coilovers & it's tinted

Wait now.... dan... I have the same wheels too lol

True, but he had a CSG 4 door too with the exact same (silver) wheels like brobst

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Just ordered some YCW coilovers, can't wait to get them. If everything advertised is true then they should be some really good ones for a good price. I'll post a review on the quality when I get them and then another after I install.

drval85

Go Kart Newbie
@smanierre please do. Been interested in those for a long time. Only seen one review, not too many photos of ride height.

Last edited:

smanierre

Autocross Champion
@smanierre please do. Been interested in those for a long time. Only seen one review, not too many photos of ride height.

Not sure how soon i'll be able to get them on, not gonna be driving it much during the winter and its cold af but I definitely will. I also did an install of BC BR coilovers on my girlfriends MK5 and they seem to be a good baseline for quality and pretty popular among mk5/6.

2012TP

Drag Racing Champion
snow-kyo drift, amirite?
Definitely right. Car was all over the place and wouldn’t come to a stop from 5mph without lighting up ABS. Was hanging on for dear life going down some hills.

Thought I was going to beat the storm home. Boy was I wrong.

ACHILLES R32

Drag Racing Champion
Retrofitted the PCB from mk5 sunroof Switch into the mk6 switch.

LED is a bit dim but works.

FYI: the Chinese mk5 switch PCBs DON'T fit into the oem mk6 casing. So if you are going to do this get a new or used oem mk5 switch . PCB swap is easy. Just insert a small screwdriver to release the 3 tabs and install the cover into the mk6 Switch.

The thing is the oem switch isn't cheap at least $100 new.

However is anyone wants to buy a Chinese switch for cheap I'm selling one. The switch fits into the mk6 it's just that the PCBs are different

https://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=117748

Sent from my Pixel 2

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Per usual, nothing ever goes how it should. Attempting to install my IE intercooler and ran into 2 issues i'm not sure i'll be able to get around. Two of the bolts holding the headlight support in are totally fucked.

This one feels like the plastic on the inside snapped so now it just spins in place and wont come out.

This one instantly stripped out on the first attempt to remove it. I'll try to drill this one but i'm not sure about the other one or if I should put it back together with one of these bolts missing.

I have a dream that one day, one fucking job on this car will go without some bullshit going wrong.

smanierre

Autocross Champion
So turns out i'm an idiot and those arent the bolts that need to come out, it's the black ones next to them. Good to know and i'm hoping I never have to take those out because that won't be frun