GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Whats the best intake to get for my new mk6 gti

grambles423

Automotive Engineer

-Dozer-

Ready to race!
I'm savin for the APR Stage II Carbonio Intake. Best looking one IMO. Though with the sale at APR right now I'm gonna have to spring for the complete Stage I tune first and get all the programs then go for the intake.

Only part I don't like is that my engine is CBFA so I have to get the small filter as well which looks kind of cheesy. It would be nice if there was a port on the side of the Intake housing where you could plug in the CBFA tube and hide the small filter on the inside.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
I have a Neuspeed P-flo installed. I've run it for about 400 miles and love it.

It sounds good... not too loud, not to quiet

If you're looking for noise & a Hoover (vacuum) sound, the Neuspeed is one of the loudest ones on the market

:rolleyes:

07Noside

Banned
wondering the same thing myself...

it all comes down to your software, intakes really don't provide any gains the only bi product could be having a less restrictive filter so the turbo does not have to work as hard. Otherwise your not going to make more boost then before just because of an intake, unless your tuner is willing to up your target boost tables.

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
it all comes down to your software, intakes really don't provide any gains the only bi product could be having a less restrictive filter so the turbo does not have to work as hard. Otherwise your not going to make more boost then before just because of an intake, unless your tuner is willing to up your target boost tables.

This information is completely wrong.

The Intake system on the TSI is EXTREMELY restrictive. With our latest revision of APR software the TSI intake system netted massive gains. It actually completely changed the curve of the graph! We saw a maximum delta of 23.83 HP when averaging 6 runs of stage 1 with 6 runs of stage 1 + carbonio intake.

Cybe

GolfMK5 Graduate
The throttlebody piping seems pretty free-flowing, is the restriction the front airbox?

A

Alex/AWE

ive been looking and i cant really find any except for the apr one and i dont really like it... any suggestions?

HG Rabbit,

Let me tell you just a few of the things I like about our C|C|B (Cold Cone Box) Intake System.

1) It features a fully enclosed carbon fiber box that seals against the intake duct at the front of the engine bay. This ensures that hot air from your engine bay is kept away from the filter and only cool, fresh air is entering your engine.

2) We went through a lot of different intake setups during development and found that the only way to acheive repeatable, reliable horsepower gains was to upgrade the tubing after the MAF. Because of this, our C|C|B has larger diameter tubing throughout the length of the intake, from the filter to the turbo inlet.

3) When you buy our C|C|B there are two options: Silver or Black piping. We include everything you'll need to install the intake on your car, this includes a breather filter for CBFA clients.

4) It looks gorgeous. Don't take my word on that one, here are some pictures from our website so you can see for yourself:

Want to read more about our C|C|B Intake? http://www.awe-tuning.com/pages/sha..._20t_drivetrain.cfm&PPT=Drivetrain&IL=mk6_ccb

Hope that helps! Let me know if you have any specific questions that I can help with.

Cheers!

A

Alex/AWE

While intakes will not provide the same gains as software, there are gains to be had.

Here is a dynochart showing the gains for the C|C|B Intake over a stock 08 TSI GTI. There was no software installed on the car.

-Dozer-

Ready to race!
The Intake system on the TSI is EXTREMELY restrictive. With our latest revision of APR software the TSI intake system netted massive gains. It actually completely changed the curve of the graph! We saw a maximum delta of 23.83 HP when averaging 6 runs of stage 1 with 6 runs of stage 1 + carbonio intake.

I'd be really interested to see numbers on Stage I vs Stage II APR Carbonio intake. I've heard that the Stage II Carbonio pipe from MAF to Turbo doesn't make much of a difference. It really looks nice though and to me completes the system, but it seems a bit expensive if it only truly provides looks. I assume you've got runs with Stage 1 + Intake Stage 1 and Stage 1 + Intake Stage II?

I've also heard the Stage II pipe interferes with the Brake Reservoir causing a vibration and that there isn't enough adjustment room for it to fit properly. Is that issue something that's on the fix list for a future version?

Personally I like the look of the APR vs AWE intake, but both look to be higher quality than alot of the others and adding a quality part in really the ONLY thing that truly matters.

It's also nice to see a thread where two vendors can post info about their competing product. It gives the two companies much better cred in my book. I may want the APR intake but I sure do want the AWE Boost Gauge :)

A

Alex/AWE

Alex; Do you have another, with 'Stage 1' GIAC?

Unfortunately I don't and our in-house test car is currently in K04 Turbo Kit testing, so I'm out of luck on that front.

If there is anyone locally interested in this setup (G.I.A.C. Stage 1 Software and our C|C|B Intake), let me know.

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
I'd be really interested to see numbers on Stage I vs Stage II APR Carbonio intake. I've heard that the Stage II Carbonio pipe from MAF to Turbo doesn't make much of a difference. It really looks nice though and to me completes the system, but it seems a bit expensive if it only truly provides looks. I assume you've got runs with Stage 1 + Intake Stage 1 and Stage 1 + Intake Stage II?

The stage 1 intake system with stage 1 software makes tremendous gains as seen below. Keep in mind, this is the STAGE 1 setup, ie ONLY the front part. These are not 1 off comparisons either. I ran 6 runs with the stock intake system and then switched to the Carbonio system and ran 6 more dyno pulls. This represents the average of all 12 runs:

As I mentioned before, it quite lierally altered the dyno curve.

I've also heard the Stage II pipe interferes with the Brake Reservoir causing a vibration and that there isn't enough adjustment room for it to fit properly. Is that issue something that's on the fix list for a future version?

This is due to an improper instillation. I've checked with tech support and they've resolved this issue by having the customer reinstall the intake system.